day 11

DAY 11

Chaewon entered her english class to find Sato sitting in her seat

Chaewon entered her english class to find Sato sitting in her seat. She knew they've been texting all day and night catching up with whatever they both missed out on. Mark seemed happy, but Chaewon wasn't really fond of what was happening. She was his rental girlfriend and there was no point of her being there if he already found comfort in another girl.

"Chaewon-ah," Sato called out while she batted her eyes.

"Yes?" Chaewon questioned as she motioned Sato to get out of her seat.

"So Minhyung wants to meet me at his place. He mentioned that you would take me there?" Chaewon felt her heart pang. She didn't want to let this happen, but she would do anything to keep Mark happy at this point.

"Oh I guess, when?" she sighed as she sat in the seat next to Sato because the girl wouldn't move. Something was really off about Sato and it seemed as if she found amusement in Chaewon's responses.

"Tomorrow or the day after! Thanks love!" Sato blew a kiss at her as she stood up to skip back to her original seat.

Chaewon was feeling a little under the weather, and she had no idea why. Ever since she mentioned Sato to Mark, his happiness elevated, but why didn't she feel happy about that? She could barely focus on her professor blabbering about the book they were analyzing. Every time she would glance to the side to look at Sato, she would be on her phone giggling or staring back at Chaewon. And that bothered her.

As soon as class ended, Sato happily skipped outside of the classroom which caused Chaewon to roll her eyes.

She should be happy for Mark and Sato. So she will let their meet up happen, even if it upsets her a bit.

When she got home, she saw Mark sitting on the couch typing away on his phone. Of course, he would be on his phone texting you-know-who. Chaewon scoffed and walked towards the bedroom for her to finally lay down.

Mark noticed that she was in a bad mood, so he followed her to the bedroom. Chaewon laid on the bed, her face on the pillow. Mark chuckled, and sat right next to her on the bed.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked as he rubbed her back. She sighed at Mark's kind gesture. He was too good to her.

"I guess it was a weird day for me," she admitted. "So you want to meet up with Sato?"

"Yes! You can do that for me?!" Mark chimed up in excitement.

"Yeah, we can do it at my friend's cafe after hours, I guess," she responded uninterested. She turned around to face Mark and grabbed his hand. He was taken aback by what she had just done, but went along with it,

"You know, if you finally get back with her I don't have any purpose being here anymore," Chaewon sighed. "I'm a rental girlfriend, and if you get a real one I have to leave."

"But we're still going to be friends right?" Mark panicked, but Chaewon just squeezed his hand tighter to calm him down.

"Technically, I'm not supposed to."

Mark frowned. He didn't want to stop having Chaewon in his life. In fact, he really enjoyed her company.

"I understand," he responded, which made Chaewon's heart drop.