day 7

DAY 7

"Hyung, who is she?" Mark mocked the other members as soon as him and Chaewon got home

"Hyung, who is she?" Mark mocked the other members as soon as him and Chaewon got home. "This was more difficult than I thought," he admitted to her and she just sighed.

"Just tell them you're using the girlfriend service," she suggested, but Mark shot a death glare.

"No! They're going to make fun of me!" he whined, obviously not realizing what he got himself into.

"That's your fault for paying for a girlfriend service then," she rolled her eyes, playfully hitting him on his shoulder.

"It's my fault that they don't like you though. I don't like lying to them," Mark admitted with a sad look on his face.

"Then tell them, Idol. Be honest, then everything will be okay," Chaewon patted his back to comfort him. "Or, you can just say I'm your girlfriend. When the month ends, just say you broke up with me."

Mark's face lit up as soon as he heard Chaewon's idea, "Chaewon! You're a genius!"

"I know, Idol. You don't have to tell me twice."

Chaewon didn't mind the fact that the boys didn't like her. For some reason, she always makes bad first impressions when she meets people outside of the service. Her uninterested attitude makes people feel bad and she didn't care at all.

What worried her is that she'd have to see the boys again today. But hopefully, her idea will make them change their view on her just a little.

This service is temporary anyway, so what's so bad about Mark saying she's his girlfriend?

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Nervous, Mark knocked on the door of the NCT Dream dorm. His fingers were evidently jittery, playing with the hem on his shirt.

Grabbing Mark's hand, Chaewon laced their fingers together and squeezed his hand tightly. "No one will believe us if you're that nervous."

He nodded, then the door swung open. With wide eyes, Chenle screamed to see Chaewon and Mark holding hands. Embarrassed, Mark let go then rubbed the back of his neck as he entered the room with Chaewon.

"You were holding hands!" Chenle yelled in shock. The rest of the boys on the couch were a bit startled by Chenle's screaming. "Hyung! Is Chaewon really your secret girlfriend?!"

Chaewon eyes the boy who looked like he was sweating balls. She gave him a stern look, hoping their plan would follow through.

"Ye-yes," Mark replied, as he grabbed Chaewon's hand to hold. "Chae is my... new girlfriend."

"I don't buy it!" Hyuck yelled as he pointed a finger up in the air.

"Wha?! She's my girlfriend, Hyuck!"

"You were just crying over your ex not even a week ago."

"It's been more than a week!" Mark argued as he felt a bit frustrated by his friend. He sent Chaewon a pleading look to help him out with this mess.

"She said you were her customer yesterday," Jeno cocked an eyebrow. Dang, he got him there.

"She's quite the jokester," Mark laughed awkwardly. "My girlfriend is a funny girl."

"If she's really your girlfriend, then kiss her!" Renjun interjected.

"No! That's just weird!" Mark responded as he was becoming more frustrated by the whole situation. His ears were becoming a deeper shade of red the more he yelled at the boys.

"I know, I'm just kidding," Renjun teased. "So Chaewon, Mark's your boyfriend? How's that?"

"Idol's an interesting guy. He gets embarrassed too easily," Chaewon shrugged.

"Idol?" Jisung questioned the nickname she gave him. "Where'd you guys even meet?"

"Here," Mark added. "In Korea."

"It's a secret," she answered as she disregarded Mark's comment. She noticed that Mark was less fidgety and she smiled a bit.

The boys continued to question Chaewon about life as she continued to hold Mark's comforting hand.