♥︎

Nobody's ever seen Mark cry over a girl, until now

Nobody's ever seen Mark cry over a girl, until now. Nobody in his group even knew about his secret internet relationship, or how it even worked out for so long. He didn't even know who the girl was, so why was he so affected by this internet relationship?

Mark was a huge mess, and it was disrupting his work and his friendships. None of the boys in NCT knew how to take care of Mark because they just end up laughing at his sulking. He had to admit, their relationship was nowhere near real.

It's just that Mark really enjoyed this relationship because he was lonely. He loved knowing the fact that he could rely on her whenever he felt upset over something at his work. Or even stupid things like complaining about how Haechan wouldn't leave him alone. Or when Taeil wouldn't stop touching his butt.

"Mark," Baekhyun spoke sternly at the teary-eyed boy. "I know I can't do much, but god please stop crying."

But Mark couldn't stop his tears over this weird internet relationship of his.

"Baekhyun sunbae, I feel so lonely," Mark cried rubbing his eye with the back of his hand. Baekhyun eyed the ceiling for a brief second until he looked at Mark like he had a great idea.

"Mark Lee. I have a great idea!" Baekhyun cheered excitedly. "I did this a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure they never changed their service!"

Mark squinted his eyes at Baekhyun as he was suspicious of what idea he's come across. He didn't want anything sketchy. He just needed a female being to care about him when he felt lonely.

"Why not try Kimchi's Rental Girlfriend service?" he suggested.

Mark hesitated for a bit," Kimchi is a food, sunbae."

"You missed the point! I said rental girlfriend service! Try it! From what I remembered, it's completely confidential AND temporary. A girl can take care of you all you want without you dating!"

"I don't know, sunbae..."

"You never know until you try, Mark," Baekhyun smirked, patting Mark on the shoulder. He waved by at the boy, and Mark stood there for a few seconds.

"Rental girlfriend service?" he repeated to himself, then walked into the break room.

He sat on the couch, and pulled out his phone to type "Kimchi's Rental Girlfriend Service," and clicked on the link. Mark was welcomed by a pink website with a long description of what the website is all about.

Mark hovered his finger over the "sign-up" link, and made himself a profile. He scheduled an appointment for after work at his apartment and paid for the 1-month everyday service subscription. Then he had to choose between different girls. He felt guilty that he had to choose a girl based on appearance, so instead, he pressed the "choose one for me" suggestion.

CONGRATS Mark Lee! YOU SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT AT 12 AM WITH Go Chaewon!

As ignorant as it sounds, Mark hoped for the girl to at least be a little attractive. Though this service may be temporary, he felt like he could get a little more out of this rental girlfriend. A month every day felt like a good time to spend with his rental girlfriend. He was lonely after all.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Mark arrived his home a little before midnight. He changed into more comfortable clothes—grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt to be exact—nothing nice to impress the girl. She was obviously going to see him at his worse right away when he cries over his "ex-girlfriend."

The doorbell rang, and Mark rushed to the door. There he saw a petite girl with long, black, wavy hair with light make up on. As soon as they made eye contact, her eyes went wide.

"Hi," Mark casually said, welcoming her inside his apartment.

"Mark Lee," she huffed, dropping her heavy bag on the carpet. "I never knew a super popular celebrity would apply for our service."

"I have a lot of problems," he shrugged, redirecting him to his room. Mark carries her stuff into his room, and placed it near the door. He then patted the seat next to him on his bed for her to sit down, "Chaewon? Right?"

"Yeah, that's me," she laughed awkwardly. "So why do you need me every day for a month?"

"I need to get over my ex-girlfriend. Well, not really ex-girlfriend because our relationship was all online, but still. I want to get over her. I also feel extremely lonely without her here," he rambled. "I don't like being comforted by boys because it feels weird. I'm also stressed from my own job, working in 3 units and shit, it's too stressful."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But I'll do my best in distracting you from her."

"Yeah," he sighed. He really expected her to comfort him more than that, but she just apologized about what was going on with his life. Mark was starting to regret the fact that he even signed up and paid for this service in the first place. He felt like Chaewon didn't even care about him as the description says.

"Is that all you're going to say?" he questioned, hinting that he wanted her to comfort him some more. He also noticed that she looked extremely bored and uninterested.

"Yeah," she nodded, patting his back.

"This girl really sucks at comforting," Mark thought to himself.

"I hate this job, so really don't expect me to say a lot of comforting things to you. I got like, 1 out of 5 stars for a reason. People just choose me for my looks," she added on, still patting his back.

Mark mentally facepalmed himself for not even choosing based on their description and ratings. He couldn't believe that she would be staying with him for a month. Every. Single. Day.

"I chose you by random."

"That's cool. You're stuck with me every day for
month bud, so appreciate my company so you won't feel lonely."

Mark sighed once again, disappointed that his rental girlfriend practically sucked at doing her job.

"I'm really tired, Mark the kpop star. So, here. My comfort," she pushed him down so he can lay down on the bed. She pulled his arm around her small body and snuggled into his chest. She closed her eyes, falling asleep, hearing the steady beat of his heart. Mark, looked down at the girl he just met. He was a little surprised that they would cuddle on the first day, but he didn't complain.

At least after her being there, he felt a little less lonely.