"Really? What changed?" You asked with genuine curiosity.

"You're curious today," he scoffed. "I think we were all just excited to see new people. One of them being easy to tease is a bonus."

"Not a bonus to me!! Dickhead!" you snapped as you carried the two mugs of coffee back to the living room. This time, he walked beside you. He was still being a dick, but something about the conversation you just had with him was... nice for a change. Maybe Christmas had softened his heart. You almost laughed at the thought. 

Jason thanked you for the cup and you sat back down. Most everyone was messing with the gifts they got—and most of that was reading. Suki seemed to be really interested in that art history book Ryo got her... that's weird. You decided you were going to bother her. "Suki! Let's do something fun!" you smiled as you dashed toward her and plopped yourself next to her on the couch. She immediately dropped her book and matched your enthusiasm.

"Hell yeah! Funky Christmas tunes are on let's jam!" She jumped up and took you with her. She couldn't really dance, but her attempt was endearing. You tried not to be embarrassed as you wiggled with her. You were both laughing so much you eventually had to stop and sit on the floor to catch your breath. Suki was fun and energetic, probably more so than anyone else in the house. You really liked that about her. She leaned completely on you and rested her head on your lap.

"Are you happy with Christmas?" you asked softly as you looked into her eyes. They were sparkling brown like coffee filled with warmth.

"I'm very happy," she smiled with flushed cheeks and a smile. "I'm happy I'm with you." She adjusted herself and leaned into you. You leaned back on the carpet and closed your eyes. Midday cuddle-session-nap in the middle of the floor seemed like a fine idea.

Or at least it did until someone hooked their hands under your arms and dragged you away from Suki's warm embrace. "Hey!" you both shouted in unison as your eyes snapped open. That was comfortable, dammit. The first thing you saw when you opened your eyes was an... angry Ryo.

"Ryo! What's your damage?!" Suki hissed as she sat up and pouted angrily.

"You guys are being obnoxious," Was all he said as he dropped your shoulders and stared at her.

"Yeah, well it's Christmas, fuck you!"

"Ryo, if you wanted to nap all you had to do was ask," you teased as you looked up at him. You didn't think that's what he was really getting at, you just wanted to see him flustered for once. Turn the tables and make him uncomfortable. He looked down at you and shrugged.

"Alright then," was all he said before he situated himself on the ground with his head on your stomach.

"Huh?" you didn't see this coming.

"Ryo!" Suki scooted over and shoved him lightly. "That was my spot!" She quickly gave up and settled with leaning on your arm. You giggled. This was ridiculous, but it was nice. You closed your eyes again. You heard... one pair of footsteps leave the room and one pair come closer to you. You opened one eye to see Quince with a pillow. He smiled and gently lifted your head, so he could place the pillow under it. You grinned at the gesture.

"Thanks, Quince."

"Any time, (y/n). Stay safe," he walked away. Stay safe? Oh yeah, cuz a little nap is dangerous, you rolled your eyes before closing them and drifting off into a restful sleep.

-:x x x x x:-

It was definitely weird to wake up sandwiched between two of the most dissimilar people in the house, but you weren't complaining. They were warm. You kept dozing off peacefully until you felt Ryo shift and leave. Suki woke soon after and sat up. You still wanted to sleep, so you rolled over childishly, and she giggled. "Wakey wakey, (y/n)," she brushed some of the hair out of your face.