Chapter 2

It was Clarke's 10 birthday and she was so nervous. It was the first time, since her 5 birthday fiasco, that she celebrated it with her schoolmates. She was lying on the couch she had in her balcony, drawing, like she does every time she's nervous or has stuff to thing about.

"Feeling blue, princess?" Bellamy's voice took her out of her thoughts. She looked at him frowning, confused. Then, she remembered she had a Tiara on her head, and gave him a little smile.

"I'm fine." she told him, while she shrugged, trying to look like she meant it. She didn't want him to worry about her.

"You can't fool me, Clarke. I know you." he says "Let it all out"

"I'm just... nervous, you know? My schoolmates hate me, and -"

"They don't hate you." he interrupted her. "They're just idiots"

"If you say so..." Clarke said, and Bellamy gave her a bad look. "Okay, okay. My schoolmates are IDIOTS and I'm afraid they'll ruin my birthday party" a tear slithered through her face, but she wiped it instantly so Bellamy didn't see her crying.

"They won't. They can only do that if you let them." He comforted her.

"And how can I not let them?" she asked.

"Ignoring them. Act like they're not even there." he shrugged.

"I hope they were truly not there" she sighed.

"Why did you even invite them, Clarke?" he asked, confused. And of course he was, she always talked to them about how much she hated them, how bad they always made her feel.

"You know my mother... she basically forced me." Abby was so obsessed with Clarke's relationship with people. She always wants her to be social, to make a good impression. Her father Jake, on the other hand, doesn't care about all that stuff. She just want Clarke to be happy, no matter what she does. But he didn't have much of a choice when Abby told them she had already invited all of Clarke's schoolmates.

"I'm sorry." he said, "But you'll have a great time. Just ignore them, and spent the evening with your friends."

"You mean you and O?" she laughed, shaking her head.

"Yeah" he laughed too. It was always nice hearing his laugh.

"Speaking of O, where is she? "she asked.

"It's eight in the morning, Clarke, you know how O is." Bellamy replied. Clarke smiled.

"She's like a sloth"

"She really is." they both laughed. They stayed like this, smiling and looking at each other, for a while. It was no longer uncomfortable like that first time. In fact, there was not a time when they felt more comfortable than when they were together. "I must go. You know, I have practice."

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot ... Good luck."

"Happy Birthday, Princess." Bellamy said, with a smile on his face. She smiled in response, and he entered his room.

Clarke's birthday is in two hours, and she refused to leave her room. She repeated Bellamy's words in her head again and again, but there was no case. No matter how hard she tried, she could never ignore the idiots of her schoolmates. She looked at the ceiling, and every bad moment that her schoolmates had made her live, went through her head; from teasing her braids, shoving, or even bothering her about spending so much time with Bellamy. Instantly, the song she hated so much came to her head: "Clarke and Bellamy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First come love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage." God, she hated that song. She hated it so much. Why couldn't her classmates accept that she had a male friend? Also, Bellamy and her? Yuck.
She heard a knock, but ignored it. But then she hear another, and another...