Chapter 3- 'SLYTHERIN'

Harry looked at the two directly in the eyes and said "I've got nothing to lose" then looked out the window. He looked at the Scotland hills and forests, all while ignoring the questions and outrage from the others in the compartment. When he thought about it he didn't regret shaking Malfoy's hand. Not at all.

At Hogwarts

Once the children got off the train, they were treated the same as normal but this time they had Hagrid, who would later take the first years, take them in carriages. Once they got to the Hogwarts doors they were told to wait outside the great hall just like when they were first years.
Then Hermione, who had not left Harry's side since he shook hands with the blonde, spoke up and said "Don't worry Harry you won't be in Slytherin. I just know you won't! I also know you just shook hands with Malfoy to make him feel better." Hermione looked up at Harry with hope in her eyes.
"Yeah mate, we know you don't really want to be his friend. The house rivalry forbids it!" Ron tried to say, the same hopeful glint in his eyes.
"It won't be house rivalry if I'm in Slytherin." Said Harry once again now getting annoyed at his friends. Why couldn't they accept that he might be sorted into Slytherin?
"Oi, mate, you're making Hermione upset. She was saying you only did it to make him feel better. We know it's true!" Ron argued.
Harry was fuming now. "I didn't just do it to make him feel better I did it because I know it's an actual possibility! Can't I at least have one friend in Slytherin!" He took a breath to calm down. "There is one thing that I never told you guys. It's that the hat wanted to sort me into Slytherin in first year but I begged it to put me in Gryffindor because I wanted to be with you guys!" Harry raised his voice slightly at the end to show his annoyance with his friends but instead got the attention of a few people around them. Now everyone who had heard looked confused at the boy. "Harry, we know you're lying" Hermione said quietly. Why couldn't they understand!! Suddenly all the glass around the group smashed and fell to the floor like rain. Everyone looked at Harry who was not phased by the glass, he was not paying attention to them but looking at the blonde who also looked just as annoyed as Harry did. Suddenly Professor McGonagall threw open the doors to the great hall and glared at all the students in the entrance hall. To her surprise there was glass everywhere and everyone was staring at Harry Potter.
"Right, now children", she started with all the 3rd years now looking at her
"Time for you all to be resorted! Follow me." She ordered everyone. They all followed her to the front of the great hall with glass still in some children's hair.
"You all know what to do? When I call your name you come up and sit on the stall."
After she had finished the hat said it's speech then began to sort the children.
"Granger, Hermione"
"RAVENCLAW"
"Longbottom, Neville"
"GRYFFINDOR"
"Malfoy, Draco"
"SLYTHERIN"
"Potter, Harry"
There was a long pause and a bit of hushed conversation between the two before the hat shouted;
"SLYTHERIN"
Lots of conversations burst out at that moment all to do with the boy who lived being in the evil house at Hogwarts. After a couple of minutes of conversations the hall went quiet again to carry on the sorting. Up next was Ron.
"Weasley, Ronald"
There was almost no pause before the hat shouted;
"GRYFFINDOR"
With a happy look on his face, Ron went to his house table without looking at Harry.
"So Potter... Slytherin?"

Word count:644