Chapter 9- 'I was just joking'

With a happy look on his face, Weasley went to his house table without looking around anywhere but Gryffindor.
"So Potter... Slytherin?"

Potter turned to his side to see me, the Slytherin prince, sitting next to him with my famous smirk on my face.
"Hello Malfoy." Potter said. A look of what might have been relief on his face.
"Now. What was the glass about?" He suddenly looked panicked. I knew some of what they were saying to Potter but I felt the need to know the rest of what they said.
"They didn't think that I could be in Slytherin and they kept insisting that I was lying!" Potter explained but I could tell he was hiding something from the way he was looking at the floor and not at me.
"I know that that's not the only reason Potter." I insisted.
"Harry" the raven haired boy said.
"What?" I replied,
"Call me Harry. We are friends now after all. Aren't we?"
"Yes we are which also means that you can trust me." Po-Harry sighed
"What happened, Harry?" Harry sighed once again before blurting out a random string of words that I couldn't understand.
"Harry, calm down!" I whispered into his ear before he tried taking a breath and explaining again.
"They thought I was just friends with you because I felt sorry for you which isn't the case!" Harry most likely was looking for my reaction but I was now glaring in the two tables his friends were at. I saw Harry follow my gaze and see the Weasel laughing but when he saw Harry he stopped and looked away.
I was so angry with him that I stood up and punched the table next to Harry. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him flinch backwards and bring his hands up to his face into a protective position.
Me, seeing Harry do this out of the corner of my eye, turn to look at the boy and grab his arm to pull them away from his face but this once again I am greeted with a flinch and Harry shuffling along the bench away from me.
"Potter, what do you think I am going to do? Hit you?" I questioned sarcastically, hoping I was not right. This caused the smaller boy to flinch a final time. I felt my face drop and my mouth open at this and look at the boy before me in pure horror. Did he actually believe that he would do it?
"Harry, I was just joking" I said with a slight crack in my voice. Harry brought his hands down and looked at me, confusion on his face. Obviously seeing the look of horror on my face, Harry grabbed his timetable that had been placed before him and ran out of the great hall with me shouting after him. What have I done?

Word count: 487