Chapter Eighteen

"What do you mean? Don't you know already? I thought Jimin would have explained it to you that day at the hospital..." he paused trying to think, "So you're telling me you know no context to that video whatsoever?" he raised a brow.

"Nothing. When I tried to bring it up he got really angry and starting acting really irrational." I pouted. Thinking back to the incident made me irritated. He got so angry, angry enough that he left a bruise on my wrist. I guess I held on to a tiny grudge thanks to that.

"Oh." he chuckled, "Maybe I shouldn't be the one to explain then, forget I said anything Hana." he tried back-tracking, "How about I take you home? Jimin must be worried."

"Oh no you don't, you're going to tell me... if you don't, I'll have to try things my way." I tried to sound as domineering as possible. I tried to act tough. I need to know.

Jin only chuckled as he fixed the glasses that had slid down his nose, "And what's your way? You know you're not that scary in the first place." he chuckled.

He's testing me... and he's going to regret it sooner or later.

"Jin... seriously don't test me. I'm not one to mess with." I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm giving you 10 seconds..." and with that I started the countdown in my head.

Jin continued to laugh in his seat, "You're so funny- you think you can do anything that would scare me?!" his laugh only got more obnoxious.

3...2...1 oops. In a quick movement my fingers had latched on to the top of his ear.

"Wha- the hell are you doing?!" he yelled.

"Tell me what you know!" I yelled back, "Or your poor ear gets it..." my face was stern. I'm not losing this fight. No way in hell.

"I'm not telling you! It's not my place- remember?" he tried to reach for my hand but I smacked it away with my free one.

"Jin... I'm warning you. If you don't start talking I'll only grip tighter." as I spoke I applied slightly more pressure.

Jin gave me a disgusted look, "Ugh you beast! How dare you? I've been so kind!" he retorted back, gripping my hand that clenched onto his ear.

"Is something going on here?!" the waiter walked by visibly agitated with all the noise we've been causing. I sort of forget we were sitting in the middle of a packed cafe.

"She's harras-" I slapped my hand over Jin's mouth while picking him up by his ear. He mumbled under my hand.

I chuckled nervously, "Nothing. We were just leaving. I'm so sorry. Have a nice day sir." I smiled politely leading Jin and I out the front door. Not once did my finger leave his ear.

I'm assuming as I was leading him out I only applied more pressure to his ears as he crumbled to the floor beneath me as soon as we exited the cafe.

"Okay, okay. Hana please let go! It's starting to really hurt!!" he whined out wrapping his arms around my legs.

I smirked while releasing my grip from his ear.

Jin sighed, instantly gripping his ear to try and alleviate some of the pain, "I'll tell you...".

I finally smiled with contempt. I won.

"Spill all you know. And don't you dare hold anything back..." I entangled our arms and led us to the nearby park.

✎...

Jin and I sat at the swing set. I plopped myself down, making myself comfortable, and slowly I started to swing. After a while my attention turned back to Jin. I stared at him waiting for him to speak up.

"Jin... seriously, talk." I lowered my head.

"Okay... I honestly don't know where to start." he chuckled nervously as he clenched the chain of the swing in his hand.

"Well- " he cleared his throat, "Hana did you know that people can in a way be reincarnated?"

"Well yeah... I knew that." I turned my head towards him.

"Let's make it as simple as possible because I truly feel Jimin should be the one to explain this to you. Hana you are a reincarnation of someone Jimin fell in love with." I sat up in disbelief at Jin's statement.

"This is some sort of Inuyasha thing?!" I raised my hand to my lips fidgeting with them.

"What? Hana now is not the time to compare yourself to an anime..." he chuckled a bit.

I took a few seconds to ponder what he's said to me, "So I'm a reincarnation? Is that lady in the video is related to me somehow?" I asked.

"Not necessarily related, but I honestly don't know the full extent to your relations with that woman. Jimin never really told me either." he turned his wondering gaze to me, "But, I do know for a fact that she meant so much to him.".

Seeing the genuine expression of Jin when he said that made my heart hurt a bit. My expression shifted from an estranged curiosity to disappointment.

I gulped hard, "So Jimin doesn't really love me? He loved the person I once was?" my eyes began to sting.

"Hana... don't say that." he turned to face me, "I doubt that... seriously. He really cares for you. There's no way he's only with you because of some past life. Hana he cherishes so much." he gave a weak smile.

"But that's the thing... he only cherishes me because I'm a piece of his past. A past he probably never wanted to let go of." all of this information is hitting me like a ton of bricks.

"That's why he got so angry with me for trying to even bring her up. He must have felt guilty for not being able to save her. It's so obvious now. Jin that video was so hard to watch because I watched a woman get tortured and beaten to death without anyone being able to save her..."

I can feel the tears fall from my eyes, "He was so guilty he couldn't save the love of his life... he saved me that night because he didn't want a repeat of the past. He didn't even know me Jin." I was starting to choke on my tears a bit, "He knew all along who I was...".