Chapter Five : New Love

GD's POV

I stood there on the drive way just staring at her window; waiting for her to peek outside. The light in her room is still on; and I want to see her face again so badly that I could just wait and stand here even if it is going to be for ages. Arya.. Such a sweet name.. Every time her name slips out of my lips it would always sound beautiful in my ears. Beautiful.. Just like her face. I do not think I could forget her now. I want to see her again.. And I will wait..

"Hey, hyung!"

That must be Jimin.. I did not stir.

"Hyung.." His voice sounded nearer now and I turned to see him approach. "Hyung, I've been calling you but you won't even look at me." He told me with wrinkled eyebrows.

"Hi, Jimin. Sorry I was busy." I replied as I tap his shoulder.

"About what?" Jimin's young face looked confused. He was younger than me by a few years. He was a Freshman when he entered Brentville high and a classmate to my younger sister. I am his senior then. I was in Junior class during that time.

I returned my gaze towards Arya's window and smiled. "I'm waiting for her to look outside her window."

"Her? What are you talking about?" He asked me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Her name is Arya. I met her earlier this morning and.. we talked. She's nice." I answered him still smiling.

Jimin laughed. "For real?!"

"For real. You know I don't lie." I said to him.

I could feel him staring at me with his mouth wide open and that is when I turned to him. "You still don't believe your hyung?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I just couldn't believe.. How did that happen? Are you telling me she saw you?" Jimin asked me looking bemused; a corner of his lip twitched into a grin. I nodded in response.

"She can she you? She can see us?" He looked a bit surprised and I saw a glitter of hope in his eyes.

"She can see me, I bet she can see you too. What I don't understand is, she looked totally clueless about what I am, what we are. She's the only person who saw me that acted like I was just another breathing human being." I shook my head and smile.

"Wow. That's awesome! I want to meet her hyung." Jimin suddenly looked excited. "Maybe she can help us."

"No, Jimin. Let's not drag her into this mess. She doesn't know anything. I wouldn't want to risk it and let her life be in danger. You know what I mean." I told him firmly and Jimin glumly bowed his head.

"Okay then, but is it okay if I'll talk to her too? I miss talking with other people hyung.." My dongsaeng looked at me with pleading eyes.

I nodded. "But promise me that you will not say anything to her. And I mean anything. About us, about what we really are. She doesn't have to know." I took a deep breath. "If she does she'll get scared of us. And not just that. Her life could also be in danger." I told him. "Just like what happened to you before you became like this."

"I know, hyung.. I promise I won't tell her a single thing.." Jimin smiled at me. I tap him on the shoulder and my eyes went back again at Arya's window. It's already late but she is still awake.

"Hyung, I went to your house today." Jimin said to me in a low voice. "Your new house."

I froze as I digest what he just told me. It took me a while before I looked at him and asked. "How's eomma? And my sister? How are they?"

"They're fine hyung, but I guess they're still sad. I saw your mom still looks at your pictures and afterwards she'll cry. Your sister on the other hand still cries herself to sleep. I worry about them hyung.." Jimin's eyes were a doleful blue.

I let out a heavy sigh. I worry about them too. I could not protect them anymore as what I have promised to my father when he died.

"You should visit them sometime, hyung.." Jimin softly spoke.

"I will, Jimin. I'm just not ready yet. I don't know if I could take it." I told him. And it is true. Even if it has been a year I still find it hard to visit my family and see them broken because of me.

I saw the light in Arya's room went out and another sadness filled my heart. She did not open her window or even looked outside. I did not even see her face. It was another gloomy night for me and it would have made me feel a little better if I just caught a glimpse of her somehow.

"C'mon hyung, it seems like she already went to sleep. You can see her again tomorrow and you can even talk to her." Jimin told me with a genuine smile on his face. "We have a lot of time."

I smiled at my dongsaeng who also became my best friend and I nodded. Tomorrow I will see her again. Tomorrow I can talk to her and be with her again.

"You're right. Let's go." I placed an arm on his shoulders and we started walking, roaming the quiet streets of Brentville while everyone is sound asleep.

(What can you say about this chapter? I'm actually delighted to introduce Jimin of BTS here he he! Well, don't be shy to give out comments. And you can vote for this chapter as well, hihi! Kamsahmnida yeorubun!)

--Katie (^-^)