Poision

Goku stayed awake for the entire night. All he could do is think of Vegeta and the baby. He was pretty sure things were over with Chi Chi but that didn't bother him much. His heart was missing the most important thing in his life besides Gohan and Goten but they weren't to far away.

"I made breakfast, Chi Chi mumbled.

"Okay."

He went into the kitchen and sat down to eat. Chi Chi's food tasted even better than usual to Goku. He wondered what did she put in the food because she usually doesn't cook this way unless it's a special occasion.

"This is great Chi Chi," he complimented.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it," she smiled devilishly.

Goku had a feeling she had done something to the food after seeing her facial expression. His stomach turned sour and he threw up everywhere. Goku vision started to blur and he started to loose consciousness.

"I'm going to Bulma's," he uttered weakly.

"No you're going to sit here and die," she laughed.

"You watch me," Goku said as he used the last of his strength to teleport over to Capsule Corp.

He managed to get where Bulma was sitting outside. She saw Goku wobble up to her looking pale and weak.

"Bulma.... Chi Chi," he said as he dropped to the ground.

Bulma knew that Chi Chi did something to him for him to fall out like this. She had this eerie feeling if she didn't do something quickly she would be loosing one of her friends. Yes, Bulma was upset with Goku but she could never put him in harms way or Vegeta. Luckily, Goten was over visiting. She called for him and Trunks.

"Yeah mom," Trunks said as he looked down to see Goku laying lifeless on the ground.

"Daddy," Goten yelled as he went by his father's side.

"I need you two to carry Goku to the medical ward now," Bulma commanded, "The quicker you two get him there, the better it is for us to save his life."

The two boys nodded and carried Goku away. Bulma could see the tears in Goten face as they carried his father away. She knew that Chi Chi was angry could be a little extra but not to the point of killing Goku. It's always been rumors swirling about the things she does especially when he's away at training but when he does the same it's a problem. Yes, Vegeta was her husband but she couldn't be like that towards the saiyan. Bulma picked up the phone and called Gohan.

"Hey Gohan. You need to make it here as quickly as possible because your dad is nearly dead. He may still be with us but if he is he's hanging on by a thread."

"Mother, didn't she?

Bulma could hear the anger and sadness in his voice. Goku children loved him so much. Even though he's flawed but to the he's perfect.

"Yes Gohan. Just try to make it here quickly okay?

"Okay I will rush over as quickly as I can. And Bulma..."

"Yes Gohan."

"Thanks for not killing dad. Especially after this situation with Vegeta."

"Gohan, I would never hurt your dad. He's my friend at the end of the day. Plus I kinda figured that was going on anyways. I should've kept my jealousy to myself though.

"Bulma it's not your fault."

"I really do feel like it."

"But it's not"

"Okay. Just make it here safely."

"Bye Bulma."

"See you soon Gohan."

Meanwhile on Planet Vegeta, Vegeta was in great pain. It felt like his heart had been ripped out and stomped on. He had this feeling something had happened to Goku, who was back on earth.

"Son, are you alright," King Vegeta asked his pregnant son who was pale in the face.

"No father. It feels like something has happened to Kakarot. It feels like I'm dying inside," he replied.

The look on King Vegeta's face changed to worry. He knew that his son's cub father was barely clinging on to life. When saiyans feel the pain of their mate to that extent, it signifies that the person is teeter tottering through life and death.

"I think you might need to sit down for this one," he said sternly, "Vegeta.... Kakarot is either dead or barely clinging on to life."

Vegeta eyes widened as he realized the words that came out of his father's mouth. He instantly felt sick to his stomach. Vegeta couldn't imagine living life with out Goku. Regret filled his heart because of his actions their cub may grow up without his or her father.

"Father... I have to go to Earth," Vegeta said

"You're not going anywhere. You've been sick as a dog and you think I'm going to let you and your heir to this kingdom leave? Not on my watch. Vegeta it's too risky for you to do that."

"But father. I-"

"That's final Vegeta. We can send a message to earth but you are not going."

Vegeta knew he couldn't argue with his father. He knew that he had messed up big time by leaving Goku alone on Earth without him being by his side. After all, Vegeta was Goku's right hand man in battle. Vegeta knew he loved the younger saiyan but he was never going to say it to him but now there might be a chance that he will never get the chance to.

Back on Earth, everyone was now in the hospital surrounding Goku in his bed. Everyone hearts were heavy and heads held low. Goten was rested in Gohan's arms crying his poor little heart out. Gohan knew he had to be strong for his little brother because that is what his father would want him to do at all times. He was faced with the death of his father once but this time seemed so different. Goten never really experienced Goku being gone unless it was only for training and battle purposes.

"How are you holding up Gohan," Piccolo voice chimed in from beside him.

"Oh hey Piccolo. I'm fine. I'm just trying to keep my head held high for my brother," he sighed, "I hate seeing my dad like this. He looks so lifeless."

"He's a fighter Gohan. Goku has pulled through so many things. I think this will be another one of those things he will get through."

"I hope so. I really don't know how to feel about any of this."

"You mean your mom trying to kill your dad," Yamcha burst in.

"Shut the hell up Yamcha," Krillin yelled.

"Sorry. Too soon?"

"Yes you jackass," Piccolo replied.

"It's fine you guys," Gohan said, "I'm gonna go check on my dad. Goten stay here with everyone."

Gohan walked from the waiting room. His heart felt like it was going to explode out of his chest. He couldn't fathom the though of his mom killing his father. He knew that she could be a extreme but not to this degree. When Gohan walked into the room he heard Goku's heart monitor start to flatline.

"No dad no," he yelled as he shot electricity through his father's body, "Somebody get a doctor in here now. You can't die on me dad. Not today."

Doctors swarmed around the fallen saiyan's bed. No one knew this would be the last time if they would see Goku alive or dead. At this point everyone were hoping for the best even Vegeta, who was worried about his Kakarot. His soul felt Goku's health declining and he felt like he was about to go insane because he couldn't save him.

"Kakarot no," Vegeta screamed as tears fell from his eyes, "You can't leave me. Not like this."

-Authors Note
Poor Goku. I know I had to leave you all with a cliffhanger. I bet you all weren't expecting this. It's going to be a long road ahead for everyone.