Christopher the Great

*This is a myth that I just wrote for Classical Mythology class. I am still waiting for the grade. It may not be as descriptive as it should be, but it's alright. I hope that you enjoy it :) Thank you for your support. Let's pay it forward*

Christopher the Great is similar to Paul Bunyan in stature and might. Additionally, he is a native of the United States of America. However, his origin story is quite different. He was born amongst the sugar cane crops of Florida after a farmer's continuous struggles with unpredictable natural disasters mystically spawned a human being. This human being had the strength to fight these natural disasters.

This unusually large baby that seemed to come out of nowhere was raised with love by the kindhearted, yet lonely farmer. The farmer, Mick, named the child Christopher. He grew incredibly fast and his father noticed his strength and control of nature at a young age. Their home and farm thrived due to the Chris's regulation of the weather and protection against natural disasters. Being a sugar cane farmer, Mick naturally taught Chris how to use the cane knife. He also discovered that Chris was fortified by pure sugar cane. Later, Chris was bestowed with a mystical cane knife that was not only useful in battle, but also it has the ability to spawn sugar cane which is an instant source of energy for Chris.

When Chris was old enough and with the support of his father, he set out to seek his destiny. He went on a journey across the United States and helped many people along the way. Also, he left sugar cane in his path. He was inclined to kindness due to his upbringing. He fought his first challenging natural disaster during his stay in California. This wildfire was named Anthony. He had been terrorizing and taunting the people for five days in the forest. He resisted all efforts of the firefighters and he started to travel towards the neighborhoods and cities. Christopher arrived just in time and blew the fire out like a birthday candle. He continued his journey.

The next natural disaster that Chris came upon was John the Tornado in Texas. This tornado was full of spite and anger. He raced about the land looking to destroy and wipe out anything and everything in his path. Once again, Chris arrived just in time. He took the very tornado in his hands and strangled it. He cleared the clouds, waving them away with his hands.

The final natural disaster that Chris is most famous for fighting is Martin the Blizzard in North Dakota. This battle was especially challenging for Chris because he was not suited to the cold weather due to his upbringing in Florida. Chris suited up for this skirmish, but he did not waste time. He knew that lives were stake and time was of the essence. He studied the meteorology of the area and located the source of the storm. After he cleared the storm clouds, he focused on the roads and the land using his enormous hands as shovels. Soon, Martin and his fallout were alleviated and Chris continued on his journey.

He decided that he was going to stay with his father for a bit then travel to Australia to challenge the natural disasters there. Who knows where he will travel next? Maybe he will stop by your country, your state, your city, or town? Look out weather. Now we have the upper hand.

The End.