A Deadly Dearth

*In my opinion, this is 8th grade rubbish. It has the potential to confuse, so I recommend that you pay special attention to the character names and details. I hope that you enjoy!*

Once upon a time, there was a red parrot. This parrot lived on a planet called Earth 2000. He was about seven years old and he had many friends. Although he lost his father in the Great Parrot and Owl War, he lived with his mother and his friends in their tropical rain-forest home. However, he was not an ordinary parrot with ordinary friends on an ordinary planet. He was an ALIEN parrot with ALIEN friends on an ALIEN planet. His name was Speedy.

His mother gave him this name because he could fly at the speed of sound kind of like how the character Sonic the Hedgehog can run at the speed of sound. Anyway, Speedy was odd in many ways. He could fly at the speed of sound, squawk out a sonic boom, and control objects with his mind. Even though his best friend Tommy Cat hated when he squawked a sonic boom, they always remained close.

Tommy Cat was a 900-pound, bone-crunching... sheep. He was about the size of a large house and his favorite pastime was sitting in one area eating trees. However, do not worry, he always made sure to let the trees grow back before he ate them again. This was because he had the ability to go without eating for twenty years.

Speedy also had another friend and her name was Loretta. She was a six-year-old gorilla who lived with Speedy and his family because she was separated from her family at birth for an unknown reason. Last, Speedy's mother was also a red parrot. However, she was completely normal. She flew like an average parrot and squawked like an average parrot. Now, that you know the main characters, let's get to the conflict...

One day, Speedy, Loretta, and Tommy Cat were walking through the rain-forest when suddenly they heard a loud noise. When they went to investigate, they saw that a large meteor had crash landed. As they cautiously, approached the meteor they heard speaking coming from inside of it. Then, two Uprights opened a hidden door in the meteor and climbed out. The inhabitants of Earth 2000 referred to humans as 'Uprights' and had only read about them in history textbooks and works of fiction. Immediately, they noticed the three odd animals staring and said, "We come in peace. May we please take all of your trees, plants, and water?"

The three animals were shocked and did not know what to say. Eventually, Tommy Cat, the giant sheep, stepped forward and replied, "Yes." Even though Tommy Cat was being sarcastic, the Uprights did not know this, or they might have pretended not to know because of their desperation. Anyway, they used a special machine and sucked all of the water out of Earth 2000 and extracted all the plant life from it. This was then stored in their large ship. After that quick five-minute process, the Uprights said, "Thank you," and left without another word.

Soon, the three friends began to argue. "It's all your fault, Tommy Cat!" squawked Speedy. "Hey, don't blame him," said Loretta, the gorilla. "That's it!" Speedy interjected. "You two stay away from me! I'm going to find a corner to curl up in and die of dehydration and starvation." With that, he flew away. "Ok, fine!" Loretta replied. She then also walked away. Tommy Cat was left where he was standing, and he started to cry.

So, in the end, they all eventually died of starvation and dehydration. In fact, that was the same thing that happened to everyone on their planet. Speedy died in a small corner that he made himself from dirt. Loretta died in the crater that the meteor made. Finally, Tommy Cat died right where he was standing, with tears streaming from his eyes still to this day.

The End