The Unexplored Regions of the Moon

*Out of the short stories that I wrote in eighth grade, I believe that this is probably the best.  Enjoy and thank you for your support.*

              "The moon is gray with rock and sand.  But, no plant or animal life of any kind has been yet discovered," the astronaut said to the students.  "Are you sure?" said Bobby, a student.  "Yes, well, there are places of the moon that we have not explored.  Until then, we can never be too sure."  "OK," Bobby replied as he fell into a daydream.

              Bobby was starting to fall asleep in class when he heard the alarms. Was it a fire? Was it a flood? Was it a drill? or worse? He was immediately awake and he scrambled to his feet behind the other students. They lined up on the lawn of the school. That was when Bobby realized the situation was real. More than three fire trucks and a few police cars arrived at the school. Bobby watched as all of the firefighters and most of the police officers went inside the school with their equipment. Suddenly, Bobby and his classmates heard a weird noise. When they looked around, they saw a strange floating object. When it landed a few beings floated out! They looked almost human, except they were puke-colored shades of green. They raised bullhorn-like objects to their mouths and said, "We want one human to use as a testing subject, then we will leave.  If not, we will attack."  

              The students did not know what to say.  None of them wanted to be a test subject.  Finally, Bobby stepped forward.  He said, "I will be the test subject."  "No!  Bobby, don't do it!" said his friends.  But, the aliens grabbed Bobby and left.  He was blindfolded, but he felt that they had soon landed.  The aliens took off his blindfold and walked him out of the flying saucer and into the blinding light.  That is when he saw how beautiful this world was.  There were flowing waterfalls and beautiful forests.  However, Bobby was pulled along by the alien scientists.  Soon, they arrived at the alien laboratory.  

              There, the aliens informed Bobby.  "Don't worry, human.  We are not barbarians," said an alien named Vel.  "Yeah, the tests that we are going to conduct are simple.  First, we will show you our environment and observe your reaction.  Then, we will give you foods to taste.  Finally, we will add both of these tests together.  We will do this by keeping you here for exactly two earth-days.  During this time, we will observe how you adapt to your new surroundings.  That is, if you do.  After this time, you will be returned to your home planet, Earth," finished the alien named Zom.  "But, don't worry kid, you'll be fine.  Just do your best and you'll finish the test," comforted the last alien scientist, Illius.

              After that, the aliens guided Bobby to his sleeping quarters.  They told him to be prepared, for his testing would begin tomorrow.  So, he fell asleep thinking about many things, especially his home and his family.  In the morning...  "This is your breakfast," said Zom.  "It's one of our specialties, so eat up," Illius added.  "Uh, ok," Bobby replied as he gazed down at the bowl of slimy-looking orange glowing goo.  But, he was hungry, so he took a bite.  It was delicious, so he ate 'till it was gone.  After that, the aliens took him out to show him their world.

              He saw beautiful mountains and valleys.  He saw oceans, and ponds filled with weird animals and dangerous fish-like things.  Then, the aliens showed him something they called "The Great Gate."  It was a high intimidating fence.  When Bobby looked through its bars he saw darkness that extended to the sky.  The ground on the other side of the fence was gray with rocks and craters.  There was no plant or animal life to be seen.  There was no wind or color.  It reminded Bobby of something he had seen before, in photographs.  Suddenly, he jumped back in shock as he realized.  "That's the moon!"  "Yes," the aliens replied.  "We knew that you were aware of our existence.  We brought you here to see if we were correct.  We have been watching you.  We saw when you asked he astronaut, 'Are you sure?'  How did you know of us?" asked Zom.

              "I didn't, I just thought there might be something on the dark side of the moon in the large crater that hasn't been explored."  "Well," said Illius, "we're going to give you a mission.  Don't tell anyone of our existence.  Also, stop encouraging those astronauts to search here.  The reason we are here is because our home planet was destroyed."  "Ok, I promise!"  Bobby replied enthusiastically.  "You may return home now, if you like," said Zom.  "Ok, thanks," smiled Bobby.  He was soon on the odd ship and before he knew it, he was home.  He ran inside of his house, but all of a sudden he felt weird.  

              He heard somewhere inside of him, "Bobby!  Bobby! Move!  School is over!  Hello!  Bobby, snap out of it!  Your bus is going to leave without you!"  His teacher stood above him frantically trying to wake him.  He was suddenly awake and he realized where he was, in school.  But, no, he thought.  It felt so real.  Well, maybe someday I'll find out for myself.  With that, he hurried to catch the bus.  Meanwhile... "It's a good thing we sent him that daydream," said Zom.  "Yeah, maybe he'll come out to visit one day," Illius replied.

The End.