Chapter 11. Try Me

It took me one week to work with Aria. Most people would have thought it was crazy or impossible, but it was as if she had never forgotten the things that I taught her. It seemed that she just needed someone to remind her about who she is and what she is capable of. She could shoot, throw knives, and fight exactly the way she did before her head injury.

Aria still had no idea about the Latin King stuff. I would save that for another time. Aria informed me that she remembered Carlos a little and the DNA test. She didn't mention anything about the Latin King stuff, so I knew she still didn't know about that. Aria also recalled giving birth to Angel, but nothing else. There were still many things that Aria had no recollection of.

Aria fought with me to learn the truth, but I told her there was no reason to tell her since it seemed her memory was slowly making its way back. The doctor told us that he didn't think she would get all of them back, but it was possible for her to get a few more. After we left the doctor's office, I told Aria the doctor is an idiot and that I was confident she would get them all back.

There hadn't been any news on Andersen or Jennifer. We were no closer to finding them. The only thing we could do is work to pass the time.

"The guns are no different, and the situation is no different. The price is better than it ever has been. What reason do you have to bitch?" I snapped. Cigarette smoke rolled out of my mouth, and I threw the cigarette. I wanted to throw the cigarette at Jorge Ruiz's eye.

"From what I heard, Carlos's daughter is running the show. I do not agree to let women lead something that has always been done and better done by men," Jorge said.

Jorge Ruiz is the head of the West Coast Cartel — a cartel we had dealt with for years with no problems until now.

"Carlos is dead, Ruiz. Aria had an accident and is currently unable to run things. I'm the one that is running the show. So, if you have a problem, you're looking at the guy you need to be talking to about it," I said through clenched teeth.

"You are running things?" Jorge Ruiz asked and tilted his head. Jorge looked back at his men, and they shrugged.

"And even though my fiancé is out of sorts, just know that for a woman, she is as tough as they come. As a matter of fact, she could kick your short, rich, skinny little ass into next week. I would watch who you're insulting. She ran things far better than I'm capable of. It's a new day and age, Mr. Ruiz. I suggest you get with the program. You wouldn't like it if some man insulted your daughter like that, would you?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Hm," Ruiz hummed. Ruiz rubbed his chin with two fingers and smirked. He looked back at his men and back to me. "Well, with that said, Mr. Garcia, I see no reason to continue our relationship. It seems we have too much to disagree on, yes?"

"Take your leave in a kind matter, Mr. Ruiz. We wouldn't want things to get ugly. As long as you leave in peace, we won't be a bother," I said.

Ruiz gave me a small smile and glanced around at the boys that stood alongside me.

Luis and Austin crossed their arms over their chests. They both grew rigid as they waited for things to turn ugly.

I, on the other hand, felt completely at ease. I knew that Ruiz wouldn't be stupid enough to start a war right here. We had the upper hand, and he knew that. If Ruiz attacked, it would be a different way and a different day.

Ruiz put his hands up as if in surrender and started to back away.

"Ruiz," I called.