37. Priorities

"Another glass of wine?" Elijah Mikaelson asked, raising an eyebrow seductively.
  "Yes, sir," Iyanna Anastasia nodded happily, holding out her glass for him to pour into.
  "Anything for the woman I love," Elijah nodded.
  Anastasia smiled. "I love you too."

****

  "And now.... we dance," Elijah announced.

He rose from the outdoor table, taking her hand as they made their way from the land to the very end of the dock at the bayou. It was daytime and the air was fresh and warm. They joined hands and danced together for what seemed like an eternity. Elijah spun Iyanna and she giggled gleefully as her bare feet graced the soft wood. She held her body up, and Elijah easily wrapped her legs around his own waist, looking up at her as he kissed her lovingly as he placed her back onto the ground.
  "Do you trust me?" he asked.   
  Anastasia nodded. "Of course. With all my heart."
  "And I would do the same," Elijah agreed, twirling her and twirling her in a graceful circle even as they reached the edge of the dock, and they both floated happily over the water, dancing.

They were floating, over the beautiful, clear water.
  "This is what love feels like," Elijah told her.

"Mmm," Iyanna Anastasia Constantine groaned irritably.

She shook herself awake, pushing away the odd and disturbing dream that she'd had the night before, and the strange feeling of disappointment and lacking it had left her with. Her neck was in a weird position, and her arm was very much asleep. She opened her eyes to find that she had slept on the hard, stone floor of a supply closet; right beside Elijah.
  "Elijah," she murmured, tapping him.

He had slept heavily that night, and yawned exhaustedly.
  "Oh. Good morning," he realized as he awoke to her face. "Not to sound cliche, but.... what exactly happened last night?"
  "I'm still trying to piece that together," Iyanna replied frankly. "Oh no."

She looked down at both of their legs and realized what the problem was. Iyanna Anastasia still had her shoes on, but her pants were half unzipped, and her shirt was on, but her jacket as well as undergarments were somehow tossed aside. Elijah was completely barefoot, pants undone, belt to the side of the room, jacket on, and shirt half unbuttoned.
  "Ah. I believe we both realize what happened last night," Elijah observed.
  "Yeah."

  "How did I know that you wouldn't be able to resist me?" he smirked

  "I hate you," she muttered, standing and reaching for the door, which was locked. "F**k."
  "I almost don't think you did last all night," Elijah teased.
  "You really are the worst, Elijah Mikaelson."
  "That would be my brother," he corrected jokingly. "Besides.... my memory is beginning to make its way back to me. Last night definitely wasn't the worst."
  "Ha ha," Iyanna grumbled.