35. Group Outing

"Alright, everyone, let's all get hammered!" Damon Salvatore called to the entire group.
  "What he means is, we've all been working hard, and we've gotten nowhere, since we've all gotten off on the wrong foot. We could all use a break, and we all need to get used to each other so that we can work together and get along," Stefan elaborated exasperatedly.
  "I'm always down for a drink, I guess," Sara decided uncertainly.
  "Great. One blonde assassin on board. Anyone object?" Damon asked.
  "Yeah," Alaric Saltzman responded. "I'm not sure I wanna spend a night drinking with a bunch of vampires and assassins and whatever else in a bar full of humans."
  "Hey, we are just like you! Human! We work for the government to exterminate magical creatures, humans aren't of any concern to us!" Ava Sharpe protested.
  "Ava," Gideon murmured, shaking her head.
  "Oh, stop vilifying my family, as if the lot of you are so high and mighty!" Rebekah cried.
  "We came here to help you. This is a hell of a way to thank us," Marcel chipped in.
  "Everyone stop it! No one is here to vilify anyone! Let's just all spend a calm night together and learn to get along! For f**k's sake," Iyanna Anastasia boomed.
  "Yes. I agree wholeheartedly; every moment we spend arguing amongst ourselves is another that Lucien Castle has to learn our secrets and our strategies, as well as to strengthen himself," Elijah Mikaelson pointed out.
"Finally someone who seems dignified and intelligent," Nyssa smiled.

Iyanna glanced over at Elijah awkwardly, ignoring her sister.
"Silence, Nyssa! No one needs your prejudiced remarks," Cash snapped.
"Shut up!" Iyanna and Nyssa yelled in unison.
  "There. We've reached a consensus,"
Damon announced gladly. "We're going to the Mystic Grill, where Sheriff Matt Donovan has been so kind as to deserve the entire place for us for the rest of the night," Damon announced. "Let's go; get ready, look your best. We're leaving in an hour. Everyone follow Stefan and I in our car. Anastasia and her family can ride with us. Everyone else, figure it out."

****

Iyanna Anastasia Constantine stepped out of the Salvatore house, as Damon stared at her

  "Something wrong?" she asked.
  "Nothing," Damon murmured. "You just remind me of Elena."
  "Should I ride with someone else?" Ana asked.
  "No, it's fine," Damon sighed, getting into the driver's seat as she got into the passenger's seat.
  "I know how difficult this is; you were the same thing for me at some point. You can talk to me. You can trust me," Iyanna whispered as everyone else got in.

****

Iyanna Anastasia sat alone at the bar, not in the mood to speak to anyone. Then she saw Elijah Mikaelson about to sit down.
  "Elijah," she greeted him.
"Iyanna Anastasia," he smiled somewhat awkwardly. "I know speaking to me isn't exactly fun for you."
"Don't worry about it," Iyanna shrugged him off. "It's not your fault. What's up?"
"I, um.... there's something I feel as if I should show you," he explained.
"Okay. Go ahead," she invited.
"My brother. Niklaus, I mean. You know about his obsessive painting," Elijah began.
  "Yeah," Anastasia nodded worriedly. "Go on."