f o u r t y t w o

20 yr natalie*

the triplets were crying. and so was bella. god, life is so hard. i started to cry as well.

i got a pounding knock on the door.

i crawl to the door. stood up, and opened the door.

"do you mind telling your babies to hush?" it was the cute guy who lived down the hall from me. but at this point i was angry, sad, tired, and stressed so i snapped.

"i am raising 4 kids, ages 3, and 9 months! i have no one to help me, because i am a single mother! so if you have a problem you can get noise canceling headphones, and sleep to relaxing music!" he looked sorry.

"i'm sorry, if i knew. maybe i could help you out?" i smiled a little.

"yeah, maybe could you help now?" he wakes through my apartment.

"what are their names?" he asked.

"that's cameron chewing on the giraffe toy, and that's alex pulling his sisters hair, which is camila, and bella is in the crib right there."

"you have a handful."

"mommy who's the strange man?" alex tugs on my pants jumping up and down.

"i'm nate. what's your name?"

"it's alex." he said crossing his arms.

"what are you doing here nate?" alex said sassily.

"i'm helping your mommy put you guys to sleep."

"do i have to?" alex pouts.

"do you want to keep living here?"

"i guess." alex sits in-front of nate.

"you gotta keep the voices lower, or you won't have a place to stay."

"alrighty." alex climbs in nate's lap.

"before i head to sleep. you and my mommy would be a good couple." nate turned his head and looked at me. i shrugged my shoulders.

"scoot over alex, i want to sit in nate's lap." camila said.

"me, too." cameron said. so they all sat in his lap, and dosed off, in under 5 mins. bella had finally stopped crying and fell asleep.

i stood up, and grabbed camila who was hanging over nate's lap. i put her in the bed. and kissed her forehead.

i grabbed cameron. put him in his bed. kissed him all over his face. he giggles a little.

now alex, he was clinging onto nate.

"nate, i'm so sorry." he smiled at me. fuck. his dimples got to me.

"it's cool." i tug on alex a bit.

"mommy, i don't want alex to leave." he whined.

"he has to go home, baby." he whined even more.

"can he come back in the morning?" i looked up at him, and he smiled at me.