Chapter 4 - Confused Hangovers

The afternoon sun beats against the navy blue curtains of Elli's room as she stirs awake. Her head pounds as she tries to open her eyes, her face scrunching with the nausea becoming prominent. She shakes her face into her pillow before looking back to her nightstand, a note being held up against a glass of water and a bottle of Advil are sitting in front of her phone. Elli squints with a quirked brow, trying to recall the events of the night before. The last thing she remembers is leaving the party and then ending up on the bathroom floor, not her bedroom.

She reaches out and grabs the note, careful not to move too much and aggravate her headache."Elliot (nerd)" is scribbled across the front in Parker's barely legible handwriting. She chuckles to herself before opening the note with one hand. A smile tugs at her lips as she reads it over.

"Collyn's here. Don't walk out with your bat or pepper spray. Don't wanna repeat ;)"

A groan comes from Elli's throat as she rolls her eyes, disregarding the note back to her nightstand.

"It was one time." She mutters to herself.

Parker had called Collyn to come over once after a night of drinking had taken place, only, he didn't tell Elli so when she woke up only to hear someone walking around and rummaging through cabinets, her head went to the worst place. She grabbed her bat from under the bed and walked out, ready to swing. And she did. She just happened to swing and hit Collyn in the back of his knees. That trip to the ER was not fun and it was just Elli spurring apologies.

Elli sits up, hand holding her head in an attempt to steady the dizziness with the new position. The echo of the TV from the living room starts becoming clear the longer she sits in bed. She reaches over and grabs the Advil bottle, grabbing two pills and swallowing them with a gulp of water. Once the pills are washed down, she gets out of bed, grabbing Parker's hoodie from the chair at her vanity and tossing it over her head before making her way to the living room.

Collyn is seated on the couch, scrolling through social media as Fuller House plays on the TV. It's always a little heartwarming to see Collyn so comfortable in the apartment. It was also his just a few years prior. In fact, there are days Elli finds herself missing living with both Collyn and Parker but deep down she knows it was for the best.

"Hey." Elli's voice is ragged as she reaches the couch, taking a seat beside Collyn.

Collyn looks up to her, locking his phone. "Feelin' alright?"

"I'm so hungover, dude." Elli whines, leaning her head on the back of the couch while Collyn laughs.

"You did drink a lot." Collyn comments, going back to his phone for a few seconds.

"I don't remember drinking that much." Elli mutters, pausing for a few seconds. "Don't remember much but that's not the point."

Collyn laughs once more, turning to face her. "Don't remember saying a guy has a small dick?"

Elli picks her head up, forehead wrinkling at Collyn. "I did??"

"Oh yeah. Guess he tried to sleep with you and you just wanted to talk." Collyn chortles.

Elli laughs quietly. "Did he try anything?"

"Nah," Collyn shakes his head. "You walked off and Parker and me lead you out to leave right after."

"Thank the lord." Elli mumbles.

"Yeah, what we said." Collyn agrees, turning his attention back to the TV.

The room falls silent besides the TV and that's when Elli notices the scattered boxes around the living room. She can see her handwriting on one of the boxes that says "Christmas lights" which means the other boxes would be Christmas decorations, too but she doesn't remember Parker ever saying he'd be stopping before work just to grab them. Which leaves Collyn.