"wow... so all that happened in one practice i missed? i guess i shouldn't be taking time off." m/n shrugged his shoulders as daichi and suga explained the studying and going to tokyo situation.

"indeed! you shou- WAIT A MINUTE, L/N AREN'T YOU SUPER SMART?!" suga bursted out as he clearly 'recalled'.

"i guess? i'm in 2-5 and got top marks in junior high and america, why?" m/n replied, not really bothered.

suga pulled m/n by the shirt and whispered into his ear, "do you reckon you could teach the first years and the stupid second years...? it'd really help out."

"oh yeah, totally sure, i can do that." m/n smiled as suga patted his back in an agreeing way as daichi raised his eyebrow in confusion.

  ●

m/n watched as tsukishima, the last person he'd ever expect to help hinata, asked him about a question on a piece of paper. m/n walked to behind tsukishima and stared at hinata's answer, quietly laughing but covering his mouth so no one would realise.

he also looked over to nishinoya who was being helped by suga, a tiny amount far from the first years that sat together.

m/n turned his back to the first years as daichi came up beside him. he assumed kageyama had said something about memorising and learning as daichi had started doing some finger signals that m/n recognised.

"uick-. a. c. timed attack in front of the setter. left-back attack. d. side-by-side. semi. timed attack behind the setter." kageyama spontaneously sprouted.

"how long did it take you to memorise these?" daichi asked with a smile.

"i think... less than a day?" kageyama answered, it coming out as a question.

"which is exactly why i'm not going to let you say you can't memorise those words." daichi had placed his hands on his hips, a shadow of gloom looming over kageyama.

m/n heard into another conversation as hinata bolted onto his feet, claiming he wouldn't lose against kageyama.

"all right. let's go to my place after club on saturday." tanaka confirmed with nishinoya.

nishinoya replying with a, "got it."

"ooh! you mind if i come too?  i'd feel bad if chikara had to deal with all of you alone." m/n chirped into the conversation.

"sure? you can come!" nishinoya responded, not really sure if he wanted m/n but didn't actually mind him being there as he could possibly unravel his mysterious words from the match he had with asahi and him.

  ●

"nishinoya, let me see your quiz from yesterday." ennoshita said, asking for nishinoya's quiz.

as nishinoya handed over his quiz, tanaka opened the door with his foot exclaiming, "snacks!"

"in general, you can find the answers for the japanese questions in the passages given. so, if you just read them carefully..." ennoshita explained, his face dulling as he read nishinoya's answer.