Chapter 3

A/N: Thanks for the votes and follows!

I wish I liked coffee. I imagine it would make mornings a lot easier. But for some reason, my biology absolutely could not withstand the taste of coffee. That bitter aftertaste... Those sleepless nights... Its hot liquid burning your tongue... Bah! No, thanks.

The sun, yes. I wish I liked the sun, too. Shielding my eyes from the its relentless rays, I blindly poured milk in my cereal bowl. It overflowed, of course.

"Fuck."

"Fuck!" someone mimicked from behind me.

"Nat, no."

I drew the curtains, and snatched a piece of table napkin from the pantry. I hastily wiped away the spilled milk from the marble countertop. My stomach grumbled before I even got the chance to settle down on the kitchen table. I realize I didn't have dinner last night.

"So the one you killed- it was that guy from Vera's, the newly opened coffee shop, right?"

She did research again. I scooped the sugary bits of colorful cereal and shoved it in my mouth, trying to look as nonchalant as possible.

"The guy that looks like a pedophile. I saw him on TV. The one who got sniped in the forehead. The one you sniped in the forehead."

Maybe if I ignore her, she'll stop asking.

"Ya know, someone's eventually gonna believe me."

I should know that ignoring a child of her caliber almost always never works.

With mouth partially full, I looked up at her with a stoic expression. Her face on the other hand, was filled with child-like wonder. Great. I really should have just ignored her.

"Why'd ya kill him?" she insisted from the chair beside me.

"Nat, why do people do things."

"Are you like, Batman or something?"

Oomph. Sugar rush. Does this cereal really contain that much sugar? I skimmed my eyes through the nutritional content written in its box.

Nat hummed thoughtfully. "But you killed him. Batman doesn't kill the bad guys."

"Honey, are you still on about that stuff again?" Catherine appeared around the corner and instructed her, "Go get your bag upstairs."

What a save. My head's bound to break should I try to delve into Nat's philosophical questions.

Our mother shuffled around, to and fro the kitchen, probably looking for- "Has anyone seen my car keys?"

Nat raised her hand. "I have! But first, you have to believe me when I say that Ri is an assassin and she's the one who killed the creepy guy we saw on the news."

"Nat, wipe your face. Did you eat all the pancakes again? Good gracious, child! We're getting late. Get going!"

"But-"

"Nat."

"Hmph." She pouted in typical childish fashion and stomped her way of out the kitchen.

While finishing my remaining cereal, a little smile formed on my lips. Ignorance sure is a bliss.

"I need you to do the groceries. I have a meeting later." Catherine turned to me, clad in a whole body executive attire. Her chestnut brown hair was tied neatly in a ponytail. She owns a pair of dark blue eyes that glazes over, seemingly in a far away place, add that with a tired but charming smile, and you got yourself a city borne lady. At first glance, Catherine and I share similar features. But when you stare a little longer, you'd find little to no physical similarities between us. I wonder if I'm adopted.