➵ XII. Killing Kia

Start from the beginning

We decide to go upstairs to our lockers, before Killian sets Zaine down and sits beside him. Clove and I sit in front of the two, all of us looking at Zaine.

"Who's dying tonight?" I ask.

Zaine looks up at me, then back at his hands in his lap. "Kia."

I growl softly, clenching my teeth.

"Dammit," Clove mutters. "I wanted to watch her death. I'm not bailing on Raiden though."

"I'll share the memory after," I say.

"What happened?" Killian asks Zaine, running his fingers through Zaine's hair gently.

"I decided to take a short walk," Zaine starts. "She started following me, trying to be sneaky, so I called her out. She started ranting, saying crap like I don't deserve Flash, and that he should be with her."

"We know you know that's bullshit," Killian says. "I'm not letting you go. Then what?"

"She tried slapping me." Zaine chuckles bitterly. "Of course, she couldn't hit me and my ninja skills. She got angrier, and started throwing insults about my mom. And then I started getting flashbacks of when... Of when she died. So I ran."

Zaine closes his eyes, leaning against Killian, who has his arms wrapped tightly around Zaine. Beside me, Clove is muttering all the things she wants to do to Kia under her breath. I don't know what to do right now. Stay with my friends, or go find and murder Kia.

"Come on," Zaine says, seeing my inner turmoil. "We should head to the pack house. We have to get the twins, Raiden's probably there for Strange to see, and Kia's probably there with her followers and conquests. Reina can take her outside and kill her now."

I hesitate. "Are you sure you're alright?"

He nods. "Yeah. Besides, I know Flash and the twins will be at my service, so you can go." He hesitates, and glances at Killian. "If you want something else to fuel the fire, it's not the first time Kia went after me."

"What?" Killian growls. "When was the first time? Why didn't you say anything?"

Zaine grimaces slightly. "The first time was on Tuesday, when I went to the bathroom during second period. She's been trying to get me alone so she can insult me. Nothing she said bothered me at all, not until today, so I didn't really see a point in telling you."

Killian growls again, and flicks Zaine's forehead. "You should've told us, Changeling."

"Sorry," Zaine mumbles. "Anyway, let's go. Kia's got a shanking appointment."

"She's getting more than just shanked," I mutter darkly. "All they'll find is ashes."

We all stand, get our stuff out of our lockers, and start walking to the pack house.

Going on a bitch hunt, going on a bitch hunt, Raven sings happily.

I smile. Gonna kill a slutty one. She should be scared.

My wolf laughs in my head. This is gonna be fun.

I know, I reply.

As we walk to the pack house, I sing 'going on a bitch hunt' softly, and soon enough we're all singing it and laughing. When we get to the pack house, we're met with two excited five year-olds, along with Asher, Raiden, Scott and Dean.

"There you guys are," Dean says. "We couldn't find you after school, so we came here to wait for you."

"These two sure do have a lot of energy," Asher says, gesturing to Chase and Rhea, his wolf ears poking through his hair.