[09] ᎷᏗᎴᏝᎩ ᎶᏋᏖᏕ ᎷᏗᏒᏒᎥᏋᎴ

Chapter Nine × ᎷᏗᎴᏝᎩ ᎶᏋᏖᏕ ᎷᏗᏒᏒᎥᏋᎴ

8 June 2013

They arrive at Stockholm Palace to walk to the Royal Chapel. They smile politely to the photographers and enter the Chapel to take their seats. It wasn't long before the music began and the King escorted Madeleine down the aisle to meet Chris.

Tamera gasped at seeing Madeleine and leaned to whisper to Carl, "She looks absolutely gorgeous!"

"I know. She's beautiful, but in that dress, she's breath taking. Oh my, look at Chris. He's struggling not to cry. So sweet." Carl Philip said.

"They are so in love. I'm so happy for them."

After the ceremony, everyone heads toward  Drottningholm Palace for the reception. The bride and groom took a carriage ride through the streets of Stockholm, while the rest were transported by boat to the royal family's private residence.

×

The Wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill

On Jun. 8 2013, Princess Madeleine of Sweden married her prince charming Christopher O'Neill during a romantic ceremony at the Royal Palace chapel in Stockholm.

The country watched live on television as King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia's youngest child started her happily ever after with her new husband.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden escorted his mother Queen Silvia and his pregnant wife, Princess Tamera of Sweden and also carried their son, Prince Aiden in her arms to the ceremony.

Princess Madeleine's older sister Crown Princess Victoria, along with her husband Prince Daniel and daughter Princess Estelle, were the picture of happiness outside of the palace.

Madeleine met British-born financier Christopher O'Neill while working in New York.

The service, which was conducted in both English and Swedish, was officiated by The Right Reverend Lars-Göran Lönnermark, the Royal Court Chief Chaplain.

During the ceremony, Chris was overcome with emotion and struggled to hold back the tears as he waited at the altar, watching his beautiful bride glide towards him accompanied by her proud father King Carl Gustaf.

Madeleine's Valentino gown was fashioned from pleated silk organza with appliquéd ivory-hued Chantilly lace and featured a four-metre-long train.

After the ceremony, the pair stepped outside the Royal Chapel and delighted onlookers by sharing not one, but three tender kisses.

The couple travelled by carriage through the streets of Sweden, thanking well wishers who waited patiently for a glimpse of the bride and groom.

The royal wedding cake featured 300 macarons.

Following the service, the royal couple and guests boarded the S/S Stockholm for a celebratory cruise along the river.

The royal guest list included Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Princess Charlene represented Monaco at the nuptials.

Valentino Garavani had the pleasure of designing the bride's bespoke lace gown.

Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.

The bride and groom's family joined the couple for traditional wedding portraits at the palace.