Alpine Heights

"I can't make your heart feel, something it wont. Here in the dark, of these final hours. I will lay down my heart, and i feel the powers ..but you dont..I cant make you love me if you dont." 

Loki took my hand and we raced out of the coffee shop at break-neck speed.My blond hair had fallen out of its braid and it was now a mess, chest length with a dramatic wave to it. Loki looked over to me, with the sweetest smile running across his face. He looked so happy and proud of himself. 

"This is the first time i have ever had the pleasure of calling you mine. I have waited forever for this moment. I don't think you will ever understand what this type of longing feels like to an immortal."

"Loki, you dont think i really meant it back there? Right?" i looked at him, it was rather silly he wanted to marry. 

"Draca. Where i come from, when you say yes. It lasts forever, there is no way to break the bond. From now on we are one in the same, we share the same mind, our hearts beat as one. There is no way to tear us apart. And say, you become unfaithful and try to run off with Thor?" His grip on my hand went from being playful to tight. He was getting really scary at this point. "Well tough luck, it will cause harm to me, and you. It is a crime in Asgard. You are mine, and i am yours. It is such a lovely contract." His grip loosened, and he smiled again. The evil side had died down, and he was back.

"So i am....Your..Wife." I felt the "F" in wife run over my tongue. I was screwed, i had not meant to seal away my fate and be destined to only him. I was still not completely in love with him. I was in love. Just  not the same way he was.

"Darling, we can read minds now. I did not trick you, i only simple sped up the inevitable. You were going to marry me one day. Might as well have it be now. And i do think i owe you an explanation over this whole..tesseract business."

"Yeah that might be a fair place to start. But Loki, in the middle of Portland?" I looked at him with big eyes. I memorized every curve of his perfect face. 

"I have the perfect place. Come here my love." He pulled me in for a tight hug, one hand in the small of my back and the other holding my hand close to his face. Then we were gone in a subtle flash of light. I opened my eyes and we were in the middle of an unfamiliar woods.

"Loki, where are we exactly?" I was confused. i knew every hiking path in the north-west and this was not one of them.

"We are on the Appalachian trail. I noticed it was one of your dreams, to hike this beauty with someone who you might love. So i decided, that if i told you a sad truth, here. That was you could get that experience."

He took my hand and lead me to a fallen tree of the side of the beaten path. He hopped up on the log. Loki was now wearing his leather, and gold battle armor again. He looked like a villain, with his dark curls flowing in the small gusts of wind. "Want a hand up love?"

"Naw, i got it." i tried getting up, with no success.

"Are you sure?" Then he showed up next to me. "My lady, your love awaits you" he took my hand a kissed it, and with a flash we were now both balancing of the old tree. "Wanna sit down?" 

"Yes. I dont want you to fall from shock." He picked a nook in the tree, and nestled in. He opened his legs and arms and tilted his head. "Do i have the pleasure of you joining me?"

"Sure thing lover-boy". I give him credit, he was a brilliant romantic, and made my heart stop at times. I cuddled up next to him, i fit his body perfectly. 

"So where should i start?" He played with that one strand of hair that always fell down from my bangs. Swiftly moving out of the way of my eyes. We were gazing into eachothers eyes as if they were the only stars in the sky and we we're trying to make a wish.

"How about why i have the powers of the tesseract, and why i have such a short life?" I was dying to know what had tossed the Avengers off.

"I shall never forget the day. I was five years after we found each-other. I had just decided i was going to marry you. I was going to love you no matter what. Remember Draca, we did everything together back then. You were my partner in crime. We read every book in the library, we jumped into the waters of Asgard off the Bifrost, we even played pranks on my father." He smiled at the old adventures.

"We jumped off the what?" i asked.

"Oh, it's like this bridge between worlds. Maybe i can show you someday..." Then he started to get back to the story

"Well as my own special way of showing you how much i loved you, i snuck us into my fathers trophy room. No one other than direct family was allowed in there. We were playing around when i took you to the tesseract's room. It was the prized piece in the dungeon like room. Well by sixteen you figured out how to change at will, and you shifted into a wolf. We were running around like fools. I was chasing you; we always played this game when i was hunting you and you were trying to escape. Well, you ran head first into the cube, and knocked it over . One of the most tragic mistakes." A tear rolled off his face, and he pulled me close. Giving me a small kiss to my forehead.

"Well, it fell on you, leaving a huge gash in your side. You rolled into one of the pools of water along the side of the room. I had to jump in and pull you out. You were loosing blood to fast, and i had no idea what to do.. I panicked. I took the cube and used some of its powers to heal you. It worked marvelously. The fastest i had ever fixed such a gash. I remember you thrashing around in my arms, howling in pain as i chanted spells. I remember carrying you back to my chamber, you were so frail, your white body dangling in my arms. I put you down in my bed and let you sleep." Loki stroked my hair. He started laughing.

"Had i known i would lose you soon i would have slept with you, spending my night at your side. But i had learned never to do that, unless wed, so i slept on the floor.  That night you tossed and turned. Whimpering constantly, only my voice would calm you. In the morning you awoke, and your eyes were an icy blue. Not at all your grey eyes you had before. You had turned my bed into a bed of frost. Draca, i turned you into a monster. You have all the powers of that god-awful cube because of me. Had i called a healer to help you, had i not been afraid of Odins anger. You would still be you." Lokis voice was starting to shake.

"I did not find out until you turned 25 that the tesseract that was in your blood was killing you. Less than five days past your birthday, you got very ill. In the end changing from wolf to Draca, over and over again. Then it stopped and you were gone. Only leaving behind a frozen body. The cube also gave you the power to come back though, and i also think it helped that you had such a strong soul. I remember when we found you a second time, how happy i was. But you still had those blue eyes, and it repeated itself all over again. Draca. I caused this all to happen to you. It is all my fault. How will you ever forgive me?" He looked at me, but before letting me answer he continued.

"So thats why i wanted your hand. I have never had the pleasure of calling you mine. It was only about time. I refuse to lose you, and i am willing to do anything to keep you around." Then he broke down. Loki, a god, was crying over love. 

"shhushh, shhushh." I rubbed my hand across his back, and pulled him in for a long hug. Lokis sobs were the saddest thing i had ever heard. He also let out whimpers in between waves of tears.

"You are mine now. Mine." he just kept saying it over and over again. His face in the crook of my neck.

Loki was an emotional wreck, and it made me feel even more for him. It seemed like he was in love. If you looked it up in the dictionary there should be a picture of Loki crying over a picture frame with a wolf in it. He was so faitful. Now i was head over heels. Now i had fallen. I was all his now, i was willing to do just about anything to make him happy. 

"Loki, it is our honeymoon. Lets do something." I kissed the lower part of his jawline. His crying ceased. He looked at me like an eager school boy.

"You mean it Draca?" He started kissing my neck. 

I pulled out the rose he had given me earlier that day, and put it in his mouth.

"Lets get frostbitten"