chapter nineteen the girl

:Hallucination: Harold POV:

Although the doctor's suspected Maddison would pull through the illness, I found her dead this morning. But I dont think it would have been the illness. She was lying on the floor of her bedroom in a pool of scarlet blood...

:End of hallucination: Jacob POV:

I sat on the bed in the bedroom holding the ruby, examining it. The two question buzzing in my mind, "who's that girl?" and "why would she carry a ruby with her" I had to find out somehow, and I know she's gonna help me find the way out, but how do I know I can trust her...

I put the ruby in my pocket where I know it will be safe, took out the map and scanned it through once again, "The front door is locked and I don't know if there is a back door or something but I can't see one on here" I mumbled. Then she appeared right in front of me, I could see her more closely than before. Her blue eyes and long hazel hair stained in blood she just stood there looking at me in her ghostly figure. "She does look scary but not as creepy and frightning like the other ghost's I have seen here" I thought, "uh hello can you help me get out of here?" I asked "Please don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you. Like you im trapped in here, but I know a way out. And if you help me I'll escape aswell" she said reassuringly. " Well then what do I need to do to help you then?" I asked curiously, "it's pretty simple, just help me find five rubies and hopefully they're still here in the mansion" she replied I took out the ruby from my pocket and showed it to her "like this one?"
 "yeah like that one, I had it before I must have dropped it" she said.

"But when I walked around this mansion I didn't see any rubies lying around" I added, "they're probably hidden really well and I think they teleport" she replied looking a little bit concerned, "well I guess this just got harder" I continued.
 I looked at her downhearted expression "hey don't worry I'll still help you find them, I'm not going to leave you" I stated. I tried to put my hand on her shoulder to reassure her more, but when I did my hand just went through her like through air, but then I noticed she cheered up and was smiling. "Thank you" she said happily.