chapter thirty History

Maddison POV:

"Charlie? How did mother an father die?" I asked trying to look at him..."Umm...I don't know, a mysterious death, just like the others..." He replied, not making eye contact. "What about you?" He looked at me, "well... after mother and father died...

Charlie POV :Backflash:

I walked out of the house, mother and father were gone and everyone from the village were evacuated, then I remembered "The Forsaken village!" "there's people there, maybe for now I'll be safe there", I walked through the forest, for about a day.
 I finally got to the village at dawn, as I walked towards the village and heard the village square clock strike 6, I walked into the village.

:End of hallucinaton:

"After a few years, I lost my job and my home"  "where did you work? I mean werent you a bit too young to work?" Maddison asked looking at me, "I used to be a blacksmiths assistant and he used to give me accomodation, but when I lost my job they kicked me out of their home and I had to live on the streets."

:Backflash:

"Now that you don't work here, you have to find your own place to stay, we don't have enough money to support all of us anymore, you have to go" James yelled, pushing me out on the street, I looked at him "GO!" he yelled with sorrow in his voice, I looked away and walked down the paved path.

:End of backflash:

"They supported me for about five years, and when they chucked me out I couldn't find another job because I was rebellious and people didn't want anyone like me, so I took money from people on the streets by begging, I  stole a chicken once to sell and I had some money for food but not a lot, I died a year later..." I saw Maddison and Jacob staring at me in disbelief. I turned around and started walking again "come on we better get going" I said

Jacob POV:

We followed Charlie into the unkown...

:Somwhere deep in the woods:

"AARRGHH!" I started to run towards the village...

:Jacob POV:

I started to hear loud pounding noises...Like "footsteps! The guardian!" I called "Okay don't worry I know a place we can hide, follow me" Charlie said calmly and we followed him. We ran towards a small hill "what is it?" I asked "It's a shelter... I built once when..." "Come on" Charlie continued and opened a small wooden door and we crawled in. I looked around in the darkness and lit the lantern, Maddison had her hand over her mouth but I could hear her breathing heavily and Charlie seemed to be deep in thought so I too stayed quiet. I could hear loud thumping footsteps running past our hiding spot but before we knew it they were coming back. It took a while for the guardian to leave but he did in the end. "We should get going" Charlie said Maddison and I nodded in agreement, walked out of the hut and followed Charlie.
"Charlie what will happen to you when you help us get out?" I heard Maddison say "I don't really know I'll probably see mother and father again and I will tell them you are safe" Charlie answered still walking.

We walked for hours without rest but even though I didn't eat for ages I wasn't hungry...finally Charlie brought us to a small cottage in the middle of nowhere "where are we?" Maddison asked "theres a door there it's a portal of some kind it should lead you two back to Jacob's world" Charlie replied walking in, we followed him "what about you?" Maddison asked looking at him I looked at him too "I can't go through I'm a ghost but soon I will re-unite with mother and father and remember I'll always be with you in your heart and memories" Charlie answered I saw tears in Maddisons eyes, Charlie opened the door and a bright light shone through, as I was about to go through I saw a bright white and baby blue light coming in like the one that changed Maddison human, then I saw Maddison and Charlie... Hugging "Maddison are you ready ?" I asked smiling, my eyes also getting a bit teary "yeah" she answered "bye Charlie it was a pleasure meeting you" I said "you too Jacob please take care of her for me " Charlie answered smiling. I took Maddison's hand and both of us walked into the door...

The next thing I know is I'm laying on what felt like concrete, all I can hear is loud ear peircing sirens and a lot of voices non of them familiar to me, I couldn't see anything because my vision was blury. Then I passed out.