chapter twenty two the next three pages

It felt like we walked around the whole forest, "everything is the same... everywhere" I comented breaking the silence, Maddison looked at me "I told you this would be way harder" she said. Finally we found a small clearance, I sat down put the lantern down next to me and Maddison sat next to me and snuggled up to me. I looked at her and smiled.

I woke up to the sound of thundering hooves. And when I opened my eyes and looked up I saw them. Army men on horses. ghost's. I saw Maddison staring at them "Maddison come on we should go" I stood up and helped her up. We ran into the forest again. "What was that?..." Maddison asked "It looked like army horses but from 1455" I answered "the war of the roses?" Maddison added "yeah" I said deep in thought...
 We walked on through the dark forest looking around for the rest of the pages. "Here!" I heard Maddison yell, I walked over to the tree and looked at the page. On it was drawn slender and a tree and next to it the word "FOLOWS"... I looked at Maddison she looked really freaked out "H..hey Maddison there's a bright side to this" I said trying to sound happy to cheer her up a bit "AND what IS the 'bright side'?" Maddison asked looking at me, "we have the second page" I answered smiling and waving the second page. "We better come out of this forest alive or...or..." Maddison added walking ahead of me, I started walking with her "or what?..." I asked but she just shrugged "hey Maddison don't worry we'll be fine" I added and put my arm around her.

"Oh hey look!" I said pointing to a tree with a piece of paper attached to it, we walked towards it and I un-pinned it from the tree "well finally we must have walked for hours" Maddison added yawning. I read the note "CAN'T RUN"... "hmm I wonder wha..." but before I could finishe my sentence Maddison interupted me with "Hey Jacob look!" she cried running over to another tree "another page!" we both said in unison, I saw Maddison blush a little, I smiled and hugged her.