chapter seven more ghost's

I sat there, motionless staring at the wooden door. I looked down at the floor for a minute and saw a ripped piece of paper i picked it up and read it.

"No matter what you say... No matter what you do... It is lurking in the shadows... It is coming to find you..."  When i finished reading the short note i heard heavy footsteps outside of the bedroom. I ran back into my cupboard and looked out of the crack in the door to see if anything or anyone was coming...The wooden door crashed open as a dark figure stood in the doorway, I couldnt se his face. I sat in the cupboard, frozen, looking at the dark figure. After about 5 minutes it walked away. I still sat there frozen. Finally i got out, closed the bedroom door and decided to try to sleep.

I woke up, and i got up off the bed, got my bag and decided to go out and try to find a way out of here. I walked down the stone stairs and found my way to the main entrance, i tried opening the door but it was locked, then suddenly i heard the same heavy footsteps walking towards me this time, I ran through the dark corridor and opened a door and hid in a cupboard in the dark room...

I sat in the dark cupboard frozen listening carefully to the heavy footsteps but all i heard was my heave breathing and my booming heart. I silently walked out of the cupboard and walked towards the door, suddenly the door shut right infront of me, I turned around and looked around the room. Then the quiet, motionless, broken old grandfather clock started ringing non-stop, the candels in the room started t flicker and i saw more ghosts, but this time, walking towards me with the same eery grin on their faces, i heard music, and children singing out of nowhere...

"Tick tock goes the clock

And what now shall we play?

Tick tock goes the clock

Now summer’s gone away?

Tick tock goes the clock

And what then shall we see?

Tick tock until the day

That thou shalt marry me

Tick tock goes the clock

And all the years they fly

Tick tock and all too soon

You and I must die..." 

The words faded away as they sang the last verse. I heard a little girl cry and the next thing i know a ghost jumped out at me screaming. Next all i saw was darkness...