CH 1 | Empty Library

I entered the empty library with my backpack hanging on my right shoulder

I entered the empty library with my backpack hanging on my right shoulder. I quietly let it drop on one of the mint green colored sofas at the entrance. The library's lights were off but sunlight entered through a few windows making parts of the empty library being lit up. I shouldn't be here but who can resist being alone completely with books and no one to disturb you? I couldn't.

And...I'm cutting class.

Quietly, I made my way to the very narrow spinning staircase of the library where only upperclass men were allowed. I'm still a junior and I'm not allowed up but who's going to reprimand me if no one knows I'm here?

As I'm finally up on the second floor of the library, I walk around the shelves looking at all the books. Most of them were covered in dust since modern technology made our life easier by having electronic books instead of carrying those big books. In other words, these books hadn't been opened in a long time. I stop once I spot a very familiar book from a saga that I've read more than the times I could remember. It's one of my favorites. I grab the book from the shelf and open it on a random page.

"Dear Mr. Potter you are hearby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry..." I smiled while reading the pages of the book 'Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix'.

I continue reading until my mind is no longer in this world but I'm reading on and on. This book is amazing. The details. The comedy. JK Rowling is a genius.

When I'm right at the scene where the Weasley twins are throwing fireworks on their brooms, I'm startled by a voice.

"What are you doing?"

A man's deep voice completely breaks my thoughts and I'm brought back to this world.

Fuck, someone found me.

I slowly turn around and my eyes widen.

It was my English teacher, Mr. Jeon. He was wearing a white work dress shirt, a black tie, black dress-pants, and black working shoes. His hair was combed to his left side and exposed part of his forehead, the brown locks were curled at their end when they rested on top of his forehead, his nose was bigger than average but it fitted his tall and handsome appereance, his lips were a natural pink, and a mole rested below them. When I looked up, I gulped when my eyes met his dark brown ones.

"M-Mr. Jeon," I stutter.

Pink was filling my cheeks and I tried to step backwards. My English teacher was the definition of perfection, he was the teacher every student wanted to have and girls, even boys from my class all thought that he was the most handsomest teacher this school has ever had. No offense to Mr. Kim Seokjin who teached Chemistry and the elective Home Economics.

"What are you doing in the library Miss Y/N?" he asked, stepping closer.

In fact, I think my heart was going to fail me anytime now.

I continued stepping backwards until my back hit the book shelf and the book I held with my right hand fell to the floor. I was trapped between the book shelf and Mr. Jeon. He kept stepping closer to me until he was right in front of me. His right arm blocking me from escaping as it was now pinning me against the book shelf. His left hand also rested on the book shelf. Now, I had nowhere to run to and had to answer him.

This was a break of my personal bubble.

"What are you doing in the library Miss Y/N?" he asked once again, his face coming closer to mine. My heartbeat rate increased and there's a really high chance that he might be hearing it. I gulped, still not answering his question.

His face was now only one or two centimeters apart from mine, both of our eyes making eye contact and my legs felt weak in his gaze. He kept leaning closer and turned his head until his warm breath hit my left ear.

"Answer my question or you'll be punished."

I couldn't gather a sentence correctly because of every nerve in my body that was reacting to his warm breath hitting my earlobe.

"I-I..."

...was cutting class...

I gulped air, my body being too stiff and frozen to produce saliva at this moment. His head leaned backwards until his lips were only another centimeters from mine.

"Punishment it is," he whispered in a very deep voice until the world stopped for me.

My legs are giving up on me, butterflies are coursing through my stomach, shivers are being sent throughout my body and the reason for it is my English teacher's lips on mine.

I melted.

—roughly edited, SEP/2021