Chapter Sixteen; Too Good

"Shyla, do you know what you're having yet?" Tyler asked as we sat upstairs in the kitchen, eating breakfast, well, technically we were eating lunch. But it was breakfast for lunch. I had made pancakes, bacon, and eggs. With little help from Tyler. I didn't want Shyla to help, only cause she said she her feet were hurting, so I told her to sit while we- wait no- I cooked. Tyler only told me what to put in the pancakes. As if I couldn't read the instructions myself.

"Nope," she said, popping the p. "I was kind of hoping that Noah would come to the appointment with me and see. I didn't want to do it on my own." she looked over at me, licking some syrup off her lip.

"You did?" She nodded slowly, stuffing another piece of pancake in her mouth. She swallowed before speaking again. 

"But I actually went to the doctor and they put the answer of what it was in an envelope. I have it but didn't open it."

"Well, I wanna see what the baby is," Tyler said excitedly. Shyla looked at me, waiting for my reaction, I nodded. 

"Me too. I can't wait to spoil him or her." 

"You aren't spoiling shit." Shyla deadpanned before standing up. "I have to use the bathroom, be right back. No one touch my food or I swear I'm going to kick both of y'all asses, pregnant or not." she said quickly before disappearing out the kitchen. I looked over at Tyler, who was stuffing his food in his mouth while looking at me. 

"By the way, I want at least like four nieces or nephews. I want more nephews, though. So they can help me mack the ladies." 

"Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because you and Shyla are clearly going to get married. Y'all cute as shit together and everything. It's like y'all married already." I rolled my eyes. 

"Who? Me and Noah?" I heard Natyra say from the front door. I looked over at her, rolling my eyes. "I'm pretty sure he has his eyes on another girl." she walked in the kitchen then frowned. "Were y'all eating breakfast at three in the afternoon?"

"Yes, is there a problem?" Tyler asked with food in his mouth. 

"Don't talk with your mouth open, you barbarian," Natyra said taking a piece of his bacon off his plate and shoving it in his mouth.

"I'm a barbarian in the sheets, ya heard?" she nodded to the plate next to me. 

"Is that Nick's plate?" she asked, just then, I heard footsteps walking into the kitchen. Signaling that Shyla was here. I looked back at her. She smiled weakly before she looked at Natyra. 

"The girl from the mall," Natyra said, I knew she had a grin on her face. "And she's wearing your clothes. How cute."

"Hi," Shyla said sort of quietly. "I'm Shyla."

"Natyra."

"Tyler," Tyler added as if Shyla didn't already know who he was. "Are we going to find out what the baby is now or what?" 

"Yeah, I guess." 

"Wait," Natyra interrupted, I looked over at her. "Baby? Who pregnant? You pregnant?" she pointed to Shyla. I'm guessing Shyla nodded because Natyra looked over at me shocked. "You got a girl pregnant?" 

"No," I told her, rubbing the space in between my eyebrows. 

"Well, I'll be fucked. How is she pregnant and you didn't get her pregnant?" 

"There are other people out there who could get her pregnant." 

"But you like her. You let her get pregnant?"