We'll get through this together

Lance sat on the living room couch reading a textbook and writing things down here and there on a peice of paper. Keith practiced fighting with the knife that he had since a child. Keith never told Lance why he always kept it close to him, but he figured that mullet would tell him later on in life.

"tough day at school?" Lance asked glancing at the taller boy as he stabbed at thin air a few times.

"yea, this kid James doesn't understand what 'leave me alone or I'll punch you' means so I had to show him" he replied between strikes.

"you punched James?!" Lance gasped closing his book at stating at Keith wide-eyed

"I didn't even hit him that hard, but he saw it as a chance to get me in trouble and took it" Keith growled and dodged an invisible attack swiping his leg out in front of him to trip an invisible enemy.

Lance signed and put the book down walking over to Keith "babe, what have I told you about dealing with people who annoy you?"

"kick their asses?" Keith replied stopping his training to kiss Lance on the head.

"No, I said to talk it out, and if they don't listen, then kick their ass" the shorter male replied. "now, if you don't mind, I have a test to study for"

"well you do that, and I'll get ready for bed. What kind of pizza do you want?"

"pepperoni, duh"

Keith nodded and pulled out his phone as he walked into his room.

"Hello? Yes, can I have a large pepperoni pizz-"

Crash

Keith paused and stared at the closed room door suspiciously before a shout and another crash rang out

"umm...hold on for just a second," Keith told the person on the phone and opened the door. Nothing looked different from what he could see from the hall "lance? You ok?"

There was a silence before Lance stumbled backward and looked at Keith with panicked eyes "Keith! There's- gah!" a person dressed in all black ran ay Lance with a crowbar.

Lance easily dodged the attack and kicked the guy in the stomach throwing him off "get the police!" the boy shouted.

Without needing to be told twice, Keith ran back into the room and grabbed his phone "sorry no pizza today!" he shouted, hung up and immediately called the police.

Keith stared at the phone waiting for someone to pick up while listening to the sound of fighting and things breaking.

Fuck it

Keith dropped his phone, grabbed his blade and ran out into the living stopping in his tracks.

Lance was held by a man who aimed a gun at his head. "drop the knife Keith"

"how do you know-"

"drop the knife or his brains decorate the furniture"

Kieth glanced between the masked man and lance who shakily shook his head silently pleading for Keith to fight them even if it costed him his life.

Keith hesitantly dropped the knife and raised his hands above his head.

"good, now get on your knees" he commanded Keith and turned to his partner "get the weapon"

The second person walked over to Keith and grabbed the blade with a smirk as he looked it over, "nice blade you got here emo boy"

Emo boy?

Keith looked at the man noticing his blue eyes from the holds in his mask and his tan hands

It cant be