Hanging Out With North

"Hi North."

"Hey, Sang Baby." My grumpy gus of a boyfriend smiled up at me as I approached and dropped in to the seat next to him on the couch. "What are you up to today?"

"Not much." I said, pulling my legs up close to my body. "Do you have plans?"

"I thought I did but Mr. B just let me know that my mission was cancelled so I am completely free."

"That's great." I said, happily. "Why don't we do something?"

"What do you want to do?"

"Hmm." I thought for a long moment. "I know better than to ask for a cookie or cupcake baking day and tree climbing is probably out too."

He grunted. "You think?"

"Oh, no." I shook my head. "I don't think." I said, leaning forward to press a kiss to his cheek. "I know it." I murmured.

He cracked a smile. "You do know me best."

"Mostly." I shrugged, tilting my head to study him. "Silas truly knows you best."

He thought for a moment before slowly nodding. "There's a lot of history." He said, softly.

I smiled. "And that's okay." I reassured him. "There's a lot of pairs among our family that have a lot of history. So, what should we do today? I want to do something that's just us. That we both will like."

North tilted his head slightly, considering our options. "I'm not sure. I wasn't expecting to have time off today to spend together."

I leaned in to him, forcing myself against his arms until he had no option but to open his arms and let me snuggle in. "So, what about the beach? We could go while it's light outside even. Pack some snacks and water into the saddlebags, grab a change of clothes in case the ocean decides to call me home to pick up on the mermaid life I left behind." I shrugged.

"You mean, in case you fall in again because you don't listen to me." He kissed the tip of my nose.

"I suppose you could put it that way." I hedged. "I wouldn't but clearly we have different memories of what happened." I peered up at him. "The motel takes up a lot of my memory."

He pursed his lips and sighed heavily. "I'll give you that it was a good overnight for the two of us. And that you really do need to see the beach there in the daylight. What the hell, let's ride, baby."

I squealed and flung my arms around him. "You're the best." I said, kissing him.

He groaned softly and pulled me in closer as he returned the kiss with a fiery heat that curled my toes. "We need to get going." He said, breaking the kiss, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Agreed." I blinked at him. "Let me go change and grab a few things because we have to take the Jeep back to your house and get the bike, right?"

He smiled and nodded. "That's right, baby." He stole another light kiss. "Go get changed and get your things. I'll be waiting."

"And maybe you'll teach me to drive the bike?" I asked, hopefully.

"You really want to?" He stared at me.

"I'd like to try." I said.

"I just worry that it'll be too heavy of a bike for you." He admitted.

"Well, then maybe it's just letting me sit in front of you and steer." I teased, moving away to stand up so I could go do what I needed to do before we could leave.

"You can try, baby." He said, catching my hand before I could escape the room. "If that's what you really want then I'll teach you to ride motorcycles."

My eyes lit up. "I'd like that a lot." I said.

"Okay then." He said, pressing a kiss to the back of my hand. "Baby... do you still like me?"

I considered his question. "No." I said, a faint smile playing on my lips as I shook my head. He frowned at me. "Baby... I don't just like you, I love you."

His eyes lit up and he pulled me into another kiss, wrapping his arms around me and toppling me down into his lap as he kissed me fiercely.

"We need to go." I said, faintly, wondering if my legs would work well enough to get me upstairs. Good lord, how in the world was I supposed to be on the back of a bike if I couldn't feel my legs.

He chuckled. "Yes, go on with you." He said, helping me off his lap and steadying me until he was sure I wasn't going to fall over in a heap. "I'll be right here."

"Love you." I said, running my hand over the bit of stubble on his cheek.

"Love you too." He said, smile growing on his face before I turned and left the room, intent on heading upstairs to change and put my hair up in a braid that would fit under the helmet.

I heard him start to whistle as I hit the stairs and booked it up to Kota's room.

~ Fade ~