Brushin... and Flossin...

"Are you sure I have to?" I looked at Sean, eyes wide.

"Have you ever been before?"

I slowly shook my head. "You know I haven't." I murmured. "All the treatments you've given me or like the MRI last fall, that's the extent of any medical care I've had. I don't need to go to the dentist. I brush and floss every day."

He quirked an eyebrow at me. "Every day, Pookie?"

I nodded. "Every day. I swear."

"You're supposed to do it twice a day." He pointed out. I felt my cheeks flush with sudden color. To be completely honest, it was at least once in any given 24 hour period. It was more than likely to be twice if Kota was around.

And I didn't actually floss every day.

Only if it felt like something was stuck between my teeth.

I hated flossing with a passion.

Flossing was clearly something that Volto invented and I hated him too.

"Pookie..."

"Fine. Not every day for flossing and it's probably twice a day if Kota's around and maybe I'm lucky to brush my teeth at least once in a 24 hour period." I admitted, cheeks still red.

He chuckled. "Okay then. We need to have you go at least get them cleaned and to have x-rays done so that they can see if anything else needs to be treated."

I sighed. "Fine." I grumbled.

"No worries, Pookie. You won't be alone. Luke needs to go in for a check up and cleaning too."

I heard a strangled yelp from the other room. I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing.

"But I brush and floss every day...." Luke wailed. "Don't wanna go to the dentist. Can't make me." He came scrambling into the room.

Sean pinned him with a severe glance that we usually only saw on Mr. Blackbourne. "Be a good example for Sang, Luke. She's never been to the dentist before." He said. "Don't scare her." He muttered.

Luke flashed me a quick glance. I shrugged. "Oh." He said. "But I really don't think I should have to go again so soon." He said.

Sean glared at him. "It's been 6 months. Time for another cleaning. Behave about it and I'll take the two of you instead of Owen."

Luke and I exchanged a glance.

"Don't behave, and we'll skip Owen and have North take you." He threatened.

"NO." Luke's eyes widened and he shook his head. "Not that. Please, don't make North take us." He begged. "I'll be good."

I couldn't help but think that Luke had grown up doing this when it came to dentist appointments and I giggled softly.

Sean's eyes flashed at me and I knew he was holding back from administering a giggle cure. "Pookie..." He warned me. I shrugged. "Okay, Luke. I'll take you. Calm down."

Luke sighed and his shoulders relaxed. "Thanks. North never lets me take the lollipop. He always makes me get a toothbrush." He leaned over and kissed my cheek before running out of the room.

I gave Sean a confused look. "What?"

Sean shrugged. "Makes sense." He admitted. "Luke behaves during the appointment, of course he's going to want candy to be rewarded for it."

"And North doesn't approve because North doesn't like candy." I nodded. "Got it."

Sean grinned at me. "If Luke does take the toothbrush... well. North always gets a toothbrush for his birthday." He teased. I laughed.

(fade...)