Luke Duty.... Insight

Luke glanced around, spying his brothers huddled together and looking at their phones. "Ha. Found you." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "Now what could they be talking about without Sang, Mr. B, Doc and me...?" He huffed a sigh. "It's not my birthday..."

He was a bit stumped. Weill, unless they were planning a prank or something designed to get him unaware.

They better not be planning on using Sprinkles in this prank.

Luke frowned and pulled out his phone. Hmm... skittles tomorrow which means it should be Oreos today. He mused, thinking about what he wanted to grab for a snack as he turned around and headed for the vending machines.

Clearly, they wanted to talk about something and since he hadn't gotten any urgent text messages telling him to get his butt in gear and join them, then it was not anything that he needed to know about. He studied the candy that was left in the machine, his eyes lighting up at the sight of the king-sized kit Kat bar. "oooh, precious." He cooed before putting his money in the machine and punching in the number for the candy. "come to papa." He bent and collected his change and his candy.

He glanced around slightly to ensure he was still alone before he opened the candy and broke off one of the sticks. His eyes closed as he bit into it, crunching through the crispy wafers and letting the chocolate filling and coating melt on his tongue as he savored every bite he took of that piece.

He couldn't believe it the one day he managed to get North to eat candy. It was a fun sized Halloween candy pack of two Kit Kat sticks and to his horror, North had merely unwrapped it and chomped a huge bite, in anger, out of both of them at the same time and Luke had barely managed to hold on to his own pair of Kit Kat while he stared at his brother in shock and dismay. North had scowled at him the entire time and didn't even take a moment to enjoy his break.

Luke had made a solemn vow to only give North something that should and could be eaten in one type of bite. He still hadn't found anything that North wouldn't complain about but it didn't matter. He wasn't EVER going to waste a Kit Kat on him again.

He broke off another piece and ate it slowly, musing that he hadn't tried to find out how Sang ate Kit Kat yet. That startling thought had him wrapping the rest of it up and sticking it in his shirt pocket. It wouldn't do at all to forget about it in the back pocket of his jeans and end up having to offer her a melted and smashed Kit Kat bar.

Oh, the horrors. He patted his shirt pocket. "I'll never let anything happen to you, precious." He murmured before running his hand through his hair and heading outside again, towards his group of brothers.

Luke pursed his lips as he walked, calculating the odds that Nathan would forget to put out boxers tomorrow when he laid out his clothes.

Luke lost track of the numbers in his head before deciding that it was pretty good odds. Nathan and Silas both had a tendency to forget underwear when it was their turn.

"Hey guys!" He grinned at them, secretly delighting in the way half of them jumped and almost dropped their phones before giving him a slightly guilty look.

(Fade..)