Chapter 6

Angelica

"Where were you first," Care asked shrugging. "I really don't remember," I said wiping my nose,"Let's go to the field where our things are." She nodded and we head our way over to our spot.

We turned on our flashlights from our phone and started looking in the picnic basket. Nothing. We then looked on the blanket and our bags. Nothing.

I could feel an empty pit in my stomach, this may seem a bit dramatic but I feel as if I haven't eaten in days. I kicked the basket in frustration, "I shouldn't of fucking brought it, knowing how clueless and irresponsible I am," I said beginning to cry once more.

"Ang," Care said slowly coming my way then placing my head on her shoulder," Don't cry, we'll find it. Don't worry," she said while placing a small kiss on my head.

"You're right, but you know how much I love her, if I lose this, it's like I'm losing her all over again." How could I be so stupid.

"Hey did you guys loose something?," Care and I turned around only to see Louie, Jake, and some girl walking our way. I quickly wiped my tears away and fixed myself, I wasn't about to embarrass myself in front of the most popular guys in our senior class.

"Dude you look like shit," Jake said while placing his hands around the girl he was currently screwing I'm guessing. I rolled my eyes and began fixing my hair, what a dick.

"Dude really?," Louie said looking over at Jake, Jake shrugged his shoulders and kissed the girl on the neck. Care looked back at me, stuck her finger in her mouth and let out a fake gag, which caused me to giggle.

"Anyways," he let out a sigh, "What happened?," Louie asked looking down at Caroline. While Caroline explained the entire situation, I began looking some more. "Hey, I'm going to go look towards the snack area," Care gave me a slight nod and I headed my way.

So many things were going through my mind; my necklace and my family. It may not seem like a lot but trust me.. it is.

When I was in middle school I had a little sister, Sammy, and my mom, Jane, was still around. There wasn't a day that felt out of place, it all seemed perfect.

We were that family everyone wished they had. My family went to every one of my school events, my parents were so in love, and Sammy was in ballet. She looked so adorable in her tutu and slippers, her hair was a gorgeous brown color and was always wrapped in a perfect bun before a performance. She was the one girl that dominated everyone else, which made all of the other girls jealous. But she never bragged, she was always so humble and kind towards everyone. I missed her so much.

When I finally got to the snack area, I looked everywhere. The ground, the tables, behind the trash can, under it, and even under my own shoes. I walked towards the brick wall where the restrooms were and sat down against them. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration and began to cry.

"Oh poor Angie, did Donny reject you? Did poor little miss sunshine get her heart broken again?," I looked up to see Ava standing in front of me with one hand on her hip and the other applying lip gloss.

"Fuck off Ava," I said sternly.

She kneeled down on one knee and placed her hand on her face, "And if I don't?," she said pouting her lips, making me cringe.