Last of Our Race

Chapter 1

I adopted this from @Animal_Lover100 . This first chapter is completely her work. Go check her out, she's an amazing author.

Percy's POV

They were all dead. All of them. Every single demigod. I could still see the dead and dying forms of my friends. I could see the masses of dead demigod corpses on strawberry fields, the blood mixing with the ripe red berries until you couldn't tell which was which. I could still each of the 7 fall. They each died to save someone, to save something they believed in, to save the gods.

I could still feel Annabeth's body going limp in my arms. Still, hear the screams of the dying. I could still feel the loss and regret of her death and not mine. I looked Gaea into her dirt brown eyes. All the anguish, all the hurt, pain, suffering, sadness, anger, sorrow, and heartache. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. I blinked, all I could see was red in my rage.

I roared and a 100-foot tidal wave rushed up from the sea and crashed down on the earth goddess. The water lifted her into the air where she couldn't reform. I screamed and jumped, using the water to boost me upwards until I was level with her.

"You will never defeat me." She hissed, "I am immortal."

"Not out of your domain, you're not."

She screamed as I stabbed her in the head and swiped downwards cutting her in two pieces. I kept the water swirling so she couldn't regenerate and laughed. I suddenly I had no energy left. I collapsed and the water rushed back into the sea. I killed Mother Earth. I started to cry. Annabeth was dead.

I stared up at Zeus. "I don't care about being thanked." I hissed, "I don't give a dam schist about you gods."

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Percy calm down." Thalia looked just as angry and sad as I did, but knew enough to cool down.

"She's right." Nico came to stand beside me. "Let's just take it, get out of here, and..."He didn't finish

What the heck would I do after this? My whole life just died, half of my heart had stopped working. My will to live had gone. I looked up at the gods. "Three words. I. Don't. Care. And stay out of my life."

I turned around and started running. I got to the edge and jumped off of Mount Olympus. I was free falling. The same words kept running through my head. They are all dead. All of them. Only Thalia, Nico, and I were left. I looked down. What if I didn't let the river cushion my fall and I just died? I wouldn't have to worry about the gods. I wouldn't have to deal with the world and its troubles. I could be with Annabeth.

I shook my head. I couldn't leave Thalia and Nico. They needed me. They had losses too, we needed each other. The river came rushing towards me and I plunged into the Hudson. I sunk into the river bed and stayed like that for a while. Enjoying the peace even though it was gross and polluted. The same words floating through my head.

'What now'

Ciao
- Daughter of Poseidon, Legacy of Apollo, Hunter of Artemis signing off NOW.