Spooky Boy

Description: Geoff is new (and kind of odd) and Awsten finds him interesting.

1554 words.

🦇🦇🦇

The class goes quiet, but it isn't a normal hush. It isn't a 'the teacher said to shut up' silence, or a 'someone did something unexpected and embarrassing' lack of sound. It's a pure shock- a speechless sort of tongue-gripping quiet.

That's dramatic, but anyway-

Someone walks into the room- it's the new kid.

I study him. I've heard all kinds of rumors. It's only his first day and everyone seems to have a theory. Some say he got kicked out of his last school for painting satanic symbols in the gym. Others say the temperature drops when he walks into the room. A few even say he has a crow that follows him.

There's no bird, or visible satanic symbols, or even a slight cold draft. There is, however, his icy blue eyes and pale skin.

His eyes are piercing, and slightly odd, but they aren't creepy. I thought I was going to be dealing with some real scary shit with how the rumors describe him. Oh well- they can't all be possible demons.

They can be cute, though. The more I study his face- as inconspicuously as possible, of course- the more I realize that he's actually very pretty. Like, pretty enough to make me blush.

Oh shit- hit the deck!

I shift my eyes (and my rudy cheeks) away from his face just as I start studying the curve of his lips.

Get a grip!

...On his hand- no! Stop now, before it's too late!

Too late, indeed, because just as I get the idea of holding his hand out of my head, he sits down next to me.

Fuck!

The universe is earning a serious call-out post for this one. Of course the teacher directed him to sit next to me just as I'm developing feelings.

Slow down, jellybean. Nobody is developing feelings. Everything is fine.

I repeat the mantra over and over in my head, but it doesn't seem to quite stick. My red cheeks and heightened heart rate aren't feelings- I don't even know the guy.

However- I do want to.

Ugh.

I take a deep breath and focus on how I'm going to tell Patty about this in the most overdramatic way possible. Things can't possibly get more awkward.

🦇🦇🦇

Class slips by without any odd interactions or cliche partner pair-ups. That would've been weird. The new kid keeps his silence during the whole hour- which is good, because I do not need a cute voice to pair with that cute face.

I can practically hear everyone's theories and thoughts about him bouncing around in their usually vacant heads.

Vacant heads? That's a little mean (but true).

I get my lunch quickly- not bothering to pay attention to what I grab. I need to get to Jawn and Otto ASAP and text Patty.