"I'm Not Jealous"

Hey guys, here's a new chapter. Also sorry I haven't been able to update lately, but there's a lot going on at my house. I will try to update more this weekend. Enjoy the chapter. 😉

The next day, Saturday, the ninja had all agreed to meet up at their headquarters and do a little bit of training and fix Jay's mech.

When Nya got there, she saw Jay was already there, working on his mech. None of the others had arrived yet, so she decided to talk to him about Emily, and if he liked her or not.

'I'm just making sure he doesn't blow our secret.' Nya thought to himself. 'It's being a good friend. I'm not jealous.'

"Hey Jay, need a hand?" Nya asked as she walked towards him.

"Yeah, could you please help me?" Jay said, fixing one of the wings. As they worked, Nya thought of what the guys had said last night. Did Jay really have a crush on her? And did she have a crush on him? She wondered.

She looked over at Jay, who was smiling, and thought about it for a minute. He was really cute, and he was on of her best friends. Maybe she did have a crush on him and just didn't realize it. She mentally kicked herself as she thought of last week when she said they were just good friends. Right now, she felt like she wanted to die.

"Are you okay." Jay asked. Nya realized that she was just standing there, doing nothing. She felt a little embarrassed now.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about how fun last night was." She lied and smiled at him.

"It was pretty fun last night." Jay said, smiling back at her. "What did you think of Emily?"

Nya thought for a minute. Emily seemed like a nice girl, and Nya didn't say anything last night, but there was something about her that was off. It was like she was trying to hide something.

"I think she's pretty nice." Nya said, not looking at Jay.

"Yeah, she was great last night when she sang." Jay said. Nya looked at him like he was crazy for a minute, then looked away.

'I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.' She repeated over and over in her head, but she couldn't help but be a little angry at herself for not realizing Jay had a crush on her sooner. She was a ninja. She was suppose to be able to know things like that. She was so busy thinking that she didn't hear a word Jay was saying until he called her name.

"Nya, everything okay?" Jay asked. Nya nodded. "Good, because I was telling you that I'm not going to be able to fix my mech tomorrow, so I was wondering if you'd help Lloyd with fixing it."

"Why aren't you going to be able to fix your mech tomorrow?" Nya asked.

"Because, Emily and I are going to the movies." Jay said.

Nya felt all the color drain from her face. 'They're going to the movies together?!?' She thought to herself, in a very panicked tone. She needed to know more. "When are you two going to the movies?" She managed to asked without sounding angry.

"At three o'clock tomorrow afternoon." He said dreamily, as he finished the wing.

Just when Nya was about to ask more, she heard footsteps walking into the room. She turned and saw the others had arrived and looked ready to train.

"Time to train you two." Cole called to them. As they headed to change into their ninja clothes, Nya grabbed Kai's arm. Kai instantly stopped and looked at his sister.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I need you to go with me to the movies tomorrow?" Nya said. Kai looked a little confused, then asked why. "Because, we're going to spy on Jay and Emily." Nya said as they walked away.