⇜Chapter 13 ⇝

I’m….the one? What the hell are those people talking about? What am I some gifted teenager meant to save the ninja world or something?

            I let out a sigh. Shikamaru didn’t really explain to me what being “the one” means. He took off after our brief conversation at the roof top. A huge bird, probably a hawk, came and flew in circles at our line of sight. It let out two long callsbefore leaving. After that Shikamaru took off. He said something about a mission. Apparently, that bird was a ninja bird bred to deliver messages. I watched the clouds for awhile after he left. When I got bored of it, I decided to come down of the abandoned building and walked around, thinking I might as well get myself familiar with the village. It seems like I’m going to be here for awhile anyway.

            I was just walking with no particular direction in mind. I just want to get to know the place. I don’t even know how to get back to my apartment. Actually I don’t even know where I am!

            This is going to be another interesting day.

            As I walk around the village I somehow made my way to the heart of the it where the shops and small eateries are. There are different kinds of foods that are meant to be eaten on the go. They all look and smell appetizing. My stomach grumbled. I realized that I haven’t even anything yet. I was so anxious earlier that I couldn’t get myself to eat breakfast. It must be noon now.

           I looked at the foods and picked a small food stand by the edge of the street to buy myself something to eat. I reached in my pocket and realized that I forgot to bring money. I let out a sigh. Now I really have to find my way back to my apartment so I can eat. And I gotta find it soon. I didn’t realize it until now but I’m really hungry. I don’t want to pass out while searching for it.

            I walked to an older lady to ask for directions.

            “Excuse me. Can you please tell me how to get to….ahm…”. Gosh I don’t even know the name of my apartment! “…the old apartment building.”

            The lady looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

            “The old blue apartment building. With cracks on its walls.”

            The lady stared at me with a blank expression. She probably thinks I’m weird.

            “Never mind”, I said, gave her an embarrassed smile then walked away. Geez, what kind of a description was that? An old building? An old BLUE building? With cracks on its walls? There’s probably one that looks like that all over Konoha.

            I tried asking another person and then another and another. I also TRIED to give better description of my apartment. But nobody understood me. They all just gave me a strange look after.

            I sighed.

            God I’m really hungry.

             As I turned to look for another person to ask direction, I felt my head becoming heavy and my surrounding started spinning. I lowered my head by instinct and brought my hand on my forehead. I let the dizziness pass before I slowly look up and begun walking. But my hunger made my knees weak and I almost fell on the paved street if I didn’t bump into someone.

            The stranger quickly grabbed me on both arms.

            “Are you okay, miss?”

            “Y-yes”, I answered before I slowly looked up to see his face. The stranger has black spiky hair. He’s wearing dark glasses and the same head protector that Naruto, Shika and Sasuke were all wearing. He’s without a doubt a Konoha ninja. This one’s strange though because his collar goes up so high that it covers half of his face. And it’s probably about 90 degrees right now!