Chapter 2 - Friends? No! Best friends

After a couple of weeks, I finally go into the precinct, knowing a lot about everyone and how to deal with them. 

"Hey Jake, Amy." I nod to them as I walk past. I am in a really good mood "You seem happy today," Boyle says, "yeah, I'm finally qualified to work as a detective in training. Im so excited!" I smile and walk into my soon-to-be captains office.

"Y/N, I'm happy to congratulate and welcome you to the precinct. Everyone, come in!" I turn around and everyone files into the captains office. I can't help but smile. I feel happy, my work family. 

"Guys, where is rosa?" Jake's voice is cautious for once. and we check, Rosa is no where. Captain Holt turns on a police radio. 

"we've saved 3 of 4 hostages, we cannot find the last one, over"

"What do you mean? the 4th is still in the building? Over."

"Yes, Detective Rosa Diaz, she went in there without knowlege. she just paged in her badge number."

A shiver goes down my spine. "Rosa is in trouble!" everyone starts to panic. "Captain! You got to let us save Rosa! Please!" Jake demands all of us to leave the room. I follow Amy to get a vest. Since Rosa isnt here, Amy is my mentor.

We get to the building where she is. Im sent with Amy and Jake. We go around the bac and sneak in, I be very quiet. I don't want to make them hate me. We hear a metal door open, and wet footprints walk the floors. We hide behind near by lockers. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't detective Diaz. You were after me 3 years ago. and you didn't get me. how sad" A man with a deep voice and a slight russian accent speaks through his teeth. "Not talking? Well I will make you." a silent pause before a loud crashing sound, and a groan. 

"You can pretend to be tough, Diaz. But you aren't! I can break your stupid wall, just like anyone else. You are worthless, you own precinct doesn't even care, they aren't here saving you. No one cares about you Rosa. Herd you broke up with your boyfriend, Marcus? Your captains nephew? What a joke." He pauses, I hear a gun cock, "Goodbye, Detective Diaz." 

A gun shot rings my ears, and I loose my breath. I collapse onto the ground, tears well in my eyes, I just herd someone die. My teacher, My mentor, My friend. Die. I look to Jake and Amy. Both with tears in their eyes as well. 

I hold my breath, footprints echo in the room before a moan catches my attention. and a voice follows it. "Why did you do that?" Its Rosa! Relief showers my body. she didn't die.

"Yeah." She sniffles "That may be true. But one of us is making it out dead. It ain't me." her voice softens at it leaves. "Rulio Donavina, you have the right to remain silent, everything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." Her voice breaks.

Metal noises notifies us that she handcuffs him. "Now, tell me, Rulio. How do I get out?" I can't stand it anymore. I get up, Amy tries to grab my arm but I escape in time. With tears rushing down my face I run around the locker so she can see me

"Rosa! You're alive!" I yell. more tears pour down my face as Jake and Amy come out from behind the lockers. "Wait you guys were here? You guys came for me?" 

"As soon as we herd you were a hostage. It was Y/N's idea to track you down." Amy points at me. "Thank you. Means a lot, now lets go, captain holt is proabably worried sick."

We get back to the precinct. Everyone is happy Rosa is back. We spent hours trying to find her. I didn't want to stop until we did. At the end of the day, I walk to my car, "Hey, Y/N. Can I talk to you? About what happened today?" 

"Sure." "I was stupid, I thought I could handle it. But I couldn't. Im happy that you found me, God knows what would have happened if I wasn't wearing a bullet proof vest. thank you, its means a lot, seriously. stop smiling" She shoves my arm gently but smiles back.

"Anyways. What are you're plans?" "Ok Rosa, You cant just make a speech like that and expect me to just ignore it. Come on, you're coming over to my place. We can celebrate, get drunk and watch tv until we physically cant move." "I'd like that. I'll follow you home." "ok"

We get back to my place...

"Alright, we are here." I open the door to my apartment, It isn't too far away. Only 3 or 4 blocks at the max.

"Nice, its a cute little house. perfect for you." I sit on the couch and Rosa sits next to me. I try to stop my self from talking about it, but i cant. "Rosa, Do you need to talk to someone about Marcus? It seems that he's making your life miserable."

"Marcus isn't the problem. Ok well maybe he his but that doesn't mean anything."

"Rosa, What happened?" 

"The bastard cheated on me." I see tears start to form in her eyes. "Said he didn't accept me. I should've known, with all of the freaking jokes and comments he made. But I let it slip." tears start to drip down her cheeks. "He didn't accept that Im bisexual and now look where I am. I tried to prove that I wasn't weak and that I was stronger than he thought. and you risked you life for me. why?"

"I care about you Rosa! You taught me everything I know now, and now and I can join you guys as a detective in training. Its all thanks to you. Im sorry I didn't stop the guy sooner. I'm and awful person."

I get up and get us each a drink. 

2 hours later....

"Rosa! Do you want another Drink??" "Sure" I stumble into the living room. Me and Rosa put on old movies and sit in the dark watching them. it adds to the affect. 

"So, how long did you know you were Bisexual?" I sit down next to Rosa, taking a sip while I wait for an answer. "Since the 7th grade. I told my parents. They think its just a phase.. everyone at the precinct knows, and now you do. I was so damn nervous telling them for the first time."

"Why? They seem nice. They are, Im sure they'd accept you. If they could accept Holt. They could accept you."

"Yeah but you don't know, you've never had to come out to anyone," She looks down at the drink in her hand. She leans her head on my shoulder, "Thanks for inviting me, even though I ruined it with me being upset."

"You didn't ruin anything. If anything, You made tonight better." She looks up at me. "Really?" A smug look on her face. "Really."

I take a breath in, and I go with my gut, Like what Jake once told me. I lean my head down slightly and press my forehead to Rosa's. I like doing this, it feels nice. I did it all the time with my friends as a symbolic gesture of our friendship

"Y/N?" 

"Yes?"

"Dont freak out"

"Why would I-?"

Rosa twists her head up, matching her lips to mine. I return the kiss.