The Fridge

Jared had his hands all over me after I finished washing the dishes. He was holding onto my waist and kissing my neck. I wiggled out of his grip. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me close. In the corner of my eye, I saw Theo walking down the hallway. He had his sketchbook tucked under his arm.

"What are you doing?" Jared asked.

"Stop it," I said and gave my arm a rough yank.

Jared crushed my wrist in his grip and pushed me backward into the counter. He put his hand on my waist and curled his fingers into my flesh.

"You're supposed to like this," Jared said.

"Well, I don't," I said.

"Jared, just leave her alone."

I tilted my head to see past Jared to see Theo standing in the kitchen. Jared looked over his shoulder.

"Get out of here," Jared told Theo.

"I didn't know you were in charge of the kitchen," Theo said.

"Well, I am in charge of Leah," Jared said. "So leave us alone."

It was odd to see Jared and Theo arguing like normal brothers. I ripped my hand out of Jared's grip. He did not move to hold my wrist again.

"Maybe if you were nicer to her she would actually like you," Theo said.

"I'm taking care of her," Jared said. "Leave us alone."

Theo rolled his eyes and went up the stairs. Jared looked back at me. I flinched when he raised his hand, but he just ran his fingers through my hair.

"Everything I do is to take care of you," Jared said. "Remember that I am always keeping you safe."

He kissed my forehead before taking a step back. He laced his fingers through mine. He pulled me behind him up the stairs. Walking down the hallway, I could see Theo sitting on the foot of his bed in his room. He was sketching something in his book. I thought all hope was gone for Theo when I watched him skin those innocent girls. He was trying to come to my rescue in the kitchen. Maybe I could still convince him to leave a door unlocked so I could escape.

Jared closed the door behind me once we were in his room. My heart jumped when he leaned down and scooped me up into his arms. He laid me down on the bed and climbed on top. I shimmied myself back, but Jared grabbed my wrists. He forced his lips onto mine, and held my hands against his chest. I turned my head to the side so that he was kissing my cheek.

"Leah, look at me," he said.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Jared let go of one of my wrists and grabbed my chin. He turned my head. I opened my eyes to see Jared's cold stare.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Please, don't hurt me," I said.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said. "I never want to hurt you."

"You'll be hurting me if you rape me."

"I am not raping you. You told me in the morning that you wanted to be together tonight."

I sucked in a deep breath. I did promise him that, but that was just to keep him away from me at the time. I hoped he would have forgotten by now.

He reached for the bottom of my shirt. I grabbed his wrist, but he shook me off of him. I gritted my teeth as my wounded arm burned in pain. Despite me fighting against him, Jared managed to get my shirt off over my head. His lips trailed down from my neck to my collar bone.