I'm here

Gosh I can't believe I missed my weekly update! I've been so busy running around these days that I honest to God believed I'd already updated the story. I don't know what the heck I was thinking about, but I could've sworn on my life that I'd already updated. Imagine the horror when I checked Wattpad and realized I'd missed last week's update T^T

So I apologize darlings for the late update, but I hope you'll enjoy the chapter. Cheers~ ( ˘ ³˘)❤

◊≈☼≈◊

"Mas Mitra! Mas Mitra!"

Alerted by the children's cries, the young Chief descended from his house while Tamara rushed down the stairs winding around the tree.

"What happened? Where's Ares?"

Amidst sobbing in his arms, the two youngsters finally managed to spill out what they had seen on the beach and how Aleera had gone back to get Ares after he had run off.

"It's alright... you stay with Tamara." he said, handing them to the young woman.

Nodding in understanding, the blue haired female wrapped the kids in her arms just as Ares came barreling from the forest, crying about how the bad men had caught Aleera after she had told him to run. Beckoning him over, Tamara watched worriedly as Mitra summoned two of his warriors to scout out the situation.

"Be careful."

Smiling reassuringly, the male nodded and took off with the warriors close behind, heading into the forest. They were near the ocean when one of the Avian males drew his attention to the lean figure running through the forest, following a pair of Servants.

"Reksa!" the young Chief called out, lowering himself to the ground.

"What happened?" the Komodo asked.

"We don't know yet... the kids came back saying something about men on the beach and that they got Aleera."

Glancing up at the pair of doves that were now cooing at them, he sighed.

"I suppose if the Servants called you here, it's true. Reksa... wait!"

His call went unanswered when the young Komodo rushed back into the greenery, leaving Mitra to follow with the others in the hopes of catching up to him before he did anything stupid. But it wasn't as easy going through the thick plants as it was to fly, and they had to cut down much of the underbrush just to be able to pass.

Much to his relief, they found Reksa stalking the rather large number of men on the beach from the safety of the thick greenery.

"Reksa..." he whispered upon approaching, only to be shushed by the Komodo.

Following the young man's gaze he frowned in concern at the sight of a familiar redheaded figure standing before what seemed to be the leader of that army. All around them men were either throwing insults at her, or making her unveiled indecent proposals. And yet she didn't seem bothered by any of that, merely staring down the large man seated in front of her with the kind of intensity Mitra had ever only seen in his warriors. But for now all they could do was watch and wait...

₪≈◊≈☼≈◊≈₪

"What are you?"

Her question sliced the air like a well sharpened blade, causing the Chief to arch a brow at her boldness; he didn't remember any of those stupid birds being this brave the last time he had seen them. Still, in some morbid form of curiosity, he decided to indulge her whims for a short while and maybe amuse his men at her expense.