Pretty little birdie

Soooooo as promised, darlings, here's the second chapter for today's special occasion. Hope you enjoy both of them and don't forget to toss me a little comment. Cheers~ ( ˘ ³˘)❤

◊≈☼≈◊

~ One week later ~

"Reksa."

The sight of the white haired Chief beckoning him over had the young Komodo setting down his whip and complying without hesitance.

"Yes, Father."

"Why don't you tell me who she is?"

Averting his gaze in the hopes that his father wouldn't read too much in it, Reksa frowned and almost pouted as he replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have a long way to go before you can lie to me and get away with it. I know it's not the human who arrived last year... the scent mixed with yours for the past months is different. Dare I say, more similar to us than to any other tribe?"

Perhaps his son had finally found a female to his liking among their own kind. However, Reksa's thoughts were far from that as he now stared at the elder man before him. That would have explained why animals were so unnaturally attracted to the redhead, as opposed to Tamara, or why he had found her scent so much more appealing than the blue haired female's. But she was human... wasn't she?

"Well?" Silva inquired once more. "Who is it that has caught your interest?"

"She's not from our tribe." the younger male finally admitted. "And she hasn't caught my interest; at least not in the way you hope for."

"Deny it all you want, son." the Chief smirked. "But these past few months I have seen you change more than ever; I was the same after I met your mother. Just be honest with yourself, and don't let your pride blind you... you might wake up one day and realize it's too late to mend things."

Understanding from his father's body language that he was dismissed Reksa wordlessly returned to where he had been fixing his whip, but soon he heaved a sigh mixed with a low, annoyed growl. Damn that old man for rattling his mind like that! And damn him for being right all the time! And yet his annoyance vanished when a couple of villagers passed by and he heard them talking.

"Did someone die? What's with this ominous wind?"

"No idea." the other replied, glancing to the gathering dark-grey clouds. "But something's going to happen... animals in the forest are getting restless too."

Initially dismissing it as just them worrying over weather changes, Reksa raised his gaze to the darkening sky; and even though he was used to seeing Servants sometimes flying over the village, the sight of one hovering in midair, staring right at him, sent a cold shiver down his spine.

"Aleera..."

...What? Why had he even uttered her name? When the Servant landed on a nearby house and cooed at him, he tried his best to ignore it. There was nothing wrong happening; and even if there was, she had the Loma villagers there to help her.

Coo... coo...

Again the sound earned his attention, and he found a second Servant perched onto the handle of his whip, its beady eyes fixed onto his before it turned its head toward the forest at the outskirts of the village and back to him... and it kept doing that as if asking him to follow them.

"Shoo!" he frowned, ushering the dove away with his hand.

Undeterred, the bird avoided him before landing right back onto his weapon. Settling for ignoring it, he went to finish mending the thorny whip and oddly enough the bird remained silent as if waiting for him to be done.