Mine!

So darlings, here we are with a new chappie. And we're also getting really close to Chiel releasing Legend of the Winged Ones on Steam (it's coming on Dec. 7). Hope you're all excited for that; she's beyond herself with joy and I'm really happy that we're getting there. She's put so much work and love into that game, so look forward to a lot of fun stuff. And as always, enjoy the chapter lovelies. Cheers~ ( ˘ ³˘)❤

◊≈☼≈◊

~ Three months later ~

"Seriously?"

Tamara's gaping awe could not have been any higher, as she stared at Asih's beaming expression.

"Yes, I heard him talking to Mitra earlier. Reksa's planning to take her to his village to meet his father, and see how the Komodos live, as opposed to us."

"Is that so?"

Sukma's voice startled the two young women, but the elder seemed quite pleased at the news.

"Well, we may see the young prince married yet." she mused. "I'm sure ol' Silva would be happy beyond words, to know that hotheaded son of his has a wife to ensure an heir."

"Wouldn't that be wonderful?" Asih agreed eagerly.

For a moment the old woman's expression faltered, and she sighed softly.

"If she can get past some of their customs..."

"I've been to their village; I don't think their customs are too different." Tamara pondered.

"Well, you haven't witnessed a Komodo marriage yet; I doubt it's easy for an outsider to get through that. It's mostly why – even before the war – there were no mixed marriages between our tribes."

With that she took her leave to go on her usual afternoon walk, leaving the two younger females to glance at each other with some concern... was it really that  bad?

₪≈◊≈☼≈◊≈₪

Crack! Snap!

"Has no one ever taught you to take a break?"

Startled by Aleera's voice, Reksa's arm halted in the middle of his next strike, the whip barely touching the nearest branch in a pathetic display. Oh, she was getting so much better at sneaking up on him... but of course, he would rather die than admit it aloud.

"Warriors don't take breaks." he retorted, a soft growl reverberating in his chest as he spoke, as if the mere thought was insulting.

"Not even to eat?" she smiled and arched her brows, ignoring his annoyance and gesturing to the basket she was carrying.

The next crack of the whip startled her, because she hadn't even seen him moving; but she merely rolled her eyes and stepped closer to the lake to actually cook his meal. It was the first time she had chosen to do this, but since he seemed adamant about avoiding Yuda as much as he could – which made it impossible to get him to join them around the table – she wanted him to get a warm meal for a change.

Busying herself with starting a fire – unaware that Reksa was now watching her intently – she then took out the fish she had brought from home, along with a small dagger Mitra had offered to her as a welcome gift, and began to disembowel them. And even Reksa had to admit to himself that her skill showed in the graceful, sure movements of her hands.

It was weird how she made him feel so calm and relaxed whenever she was around. And in those months, as she took hold of his heart more and more, he had thought of marrying her more times than he cared to count. Yet something held him back from openly admitting that he wanted her... what it was, he had no idea but it was there in the back of his mind.