Yoongi pt.1

"YOONGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

yoongi turned around to the sound of a female voice shouting her lungs out. He found a normal hallway. When he didn't find the woman he had expected, he turned back and started walking away only to be stopped by a drone which hovered right in front of his face. "what the-" he let out as he got startled. The drone had a sticker on it that said 'follow me'. Yoongi sighed. 

"i dont want to!" he shouted, looking around, speaking to the owner of this drone, who wished to stay anonymous. "it's too much work" he mumbled. 

The drone started moving forward. Yoongi looked around once, just in case he saw the person operating it, and finally started following the drone when he found no one. It lead him from the hallway, upstairs to downstairs towards the cafeteria. Yoongi hoped it to stop here but it didnt. It took him away from the college building, towards the basketball court. The last thing yoongi wanted at this hour was tapti dhoop (sizzling heat/sunlight). But, the october weather was quite pleasant. 

Yoongi followed the drone till it stopped right in the middle of the empty basketball court. In a few seconds, yoongi spotted a tall and slender dude coming in his direction. "Min Yoongi?" the dude asked to which yoongi replied with a nod. He handed him five files and walked away. While yoongi was skimming throught the files, another man approached him. He had big nerd glasses. Yoongi was sure he had seen his face somewhere on the college's reception hall board amongst the scholar section. The man handed him seven booklets and a box and told yoongi to handle it with care. Yoongi asked him the reason he was handing him this thing, which seemed like someone's project work. The man just smiled and left. 

Some seconds later, a woman walked in with something in her hand, which appeared to be a controller. "happy birthday bruh!" she exclaimed as she controlled the drone to hover around yoongi. "my birthday's like" he paused for a second "five months away".

"happy diwali then" she said.

yoongi gave her a perplexed look, while she just passed him a huge tight lipped smile. A few seconds later, the creases on yoongi's forehead dissappeared when he recollected some facts in his head and drew a conclusion.

"oh no" yoongi said in astonishment. 

"oh yes"

"fuck" he let out an amazed chuckle. "you- what do i say to you-"

"nothing, just dont forget me when you get famous"

Yoongi had spent his entire fourth year working on things he genuinely loved to do. He made music throughout his college years and mastered his skills. When he felt like he was ready, he started posting his work online, which gradually earned him some audience. He did shows, attended producing workshops using the money he earned in those shows, and worked with other artists this whole year. All of this left him with the burden of completing his mechanical engineering degree, which he was forced into by his parents. He had somehow managed the three years in college coz he didnt have to travel places for his show. The fourth one seemed completely impossible because he barely had any records which could gain him some internal marks which could help him pass this semester even if he scored a little less in his finals. 

"jaan bacha li bhai tune" yoongi said while giving her a friendly hug... very rare sight for those 10-20 guys spying on them 500 meters away from the court.

("you saved my life, bro")

"bas kar saale, senti mat maar ab" she laughed while patting his back.

("dont get too sentimental/emotional, you bastard")

Yoongi was elated. All of his upcoming and pending assignments and projects were just handed to him... aka the best gift to receive as an engineering student. Nothing was due for him anymore. All he had to do now, was give the finals. 

"told you, kaam ayenge ye log" she said as she turned around and looked at the group of guys who suddenly dispersed everywhere in the court, pretending to think or chill. 

("told you, they'll come handy")

"tharak kya kya karwa deta hai insaan se" yoongi sighed and shook his head in dissappointment. 

("pervertness makes humans do bizzare things")

Y/n aka mechanical ki only ladki (only girl in mechanical) became friends with yoongi in their second year of college because he was the only guy in her class who didnt flirt with her.

[a/n: yes, it was like that in many engineering colleges. usually, mechanical branch used to have zero girls then feminism entered the chat and some people became more open minded so after 2010, some mech branches went from zero females to 01 or 02 :') That's what I've heard from my teachers and relatives who graduated around 2005-2013.]

Wherever she went, there were guys who'd try to impress her. They'd offer her to complete her projects, assignments, teach her for exams, and get her food. She would always politely reject their offers. She was genuinely interested in engineering and didnt wanna spoil her learning years being spoonfed by guys who just want to live the college life they fantasized about. 

[a/n: just to avoid any confusions and for the sake of humanity, i am not trying to sabotage the other gender's image. This is what has happened to those few girls who took mechanical engineering around Yoongi's era (somewhere around 2010-2013). I dont speak for all the colleges obviously, but 'many colleges' would be the correct word to use. I apologise for interrupting again, just trying to play it safe here. :) I think it's probably the amount of caffeine i consumed today... oh look it's almost 5am hahaha ok bye. read. enjoy]

"what was this dramatic drone scene for? you couldve just handed the stuff to me" yoongi asked while they walked towards the exit.

"just wanted to show off my masterpiece" she chuckled. "and watch you run" 

"wait- you made this???"

"yep, that's what kids do here yoongles."

"drone is pretty noob stuff tho, make a robot or something"

"you bitch" she punched his shoulder jokingly. 

On their way, yoongi told her about his plan of focusing on his finals for now. He kept his music on hold so he could atleast graduate college. Bangtan Institute of Technology was no joke. They needed convenient results to promote a candidate and offer a placement. For yoongi, placement was not a problem coz he knew he'd rather sit 9-5 to make music than sit in an office in a formal suit and work on tech. He just needed to graduate and convince his parents to let him finally do what he loves. The latter seemed more difficult.

egfhfgeshkgghsdghgdkjfhgsjkdggdkjghldgh

posted exactly at 5:09am