Jin Lu was at a loss. She didn’t know, because it was the kitchen staff’s responsibility.

With an ugly expression, Wei Kun squeezed out a sentence through clenched teeth, “Bring the kitchen staff here!”

It didn’t take long for the cook who had made the congee, Song San, to be brought to the main room. Seeing Wei Kun, he first knelt down, then knocked his head on the floor three times in succession. “Master, this servant absolutely doesn’t harbor any intentions of harming the fourth Miss…”

Who could’ve guessed that the problem was caused by a tiny ginkgo nut?

The ginkgo was also called a maidenhair tree. Usually, eating the nuts boiled not only didn’t present a problem, it was even beneficial for the body. However, it contained toxicity when eaten raw. That type of poison manifested most distinctly in children’s bodies. If it was light, there would be dizziness and vomiting. If it was heavy, it would lead to heart failure. Just now, the doctor had seen precisely an undigested ginkgo nut inside Wei Luo’s vomit. It hadn’t been boiled. A glance was enough to tell that it was raw.

However, the ginkgo nuts inside the congee that Jin Lu had just brought were cooked. They had probably still been raw when they were added in, but after the bowl had been left to keep warm on the stove for so long, they had already cooked.

As he found out the cause and effect, Wei Kun fiercely questioned the cook Song San, “You were the one to cook the congee. Who else could’ve done it besides you?”

Song San solemnly denied, raising up three fingers to swear on his life, “This servant really doesn’t know…”

Don’t know, don’t know; those were all useless protests to Wei Kun. He was about to shout for someone to take the cook away for a punishment of 20 boards, when the cook suddenly said, “After making the congee, this servant left once for a short while. Master, it was probably during that time that someone added this thing!”

Wei Kun’s expression sank. After pondering for a moment, he felt that there could be some truth to his words. Thus he ordered people to investigate who had come into the kitchen today, when they’d been there, and what they’d been doing there.

The results came out very quickly. Altogether two maids had gone inside the kitchen today. One was Jin Lu, the other – Jin Ci.

Jin Lu had gone to get Wei Luo’s congee. Wei Luo hadn’t given many responsibilities to Jin Ci recently. She hadn’t served nearby for ages. Why had she gone to the kitchen?

Speaking of it, Jin Lu suddenly recalled. It was precisely Jin Ci who had passed the congee to her!

As Jin Lu said that, Wei Kun took the small bell-shaped cup with inked drawings on the table and violently smashed it on the ground. He got up and arrived in front of Jin Ci to ask her, “Speak, was it you who wished to harm the young lady?”

Wei Kun was a person with a very good temperament. He was immensely tolerant toward others, gentle and courteous. However, everyone had their bottom line. As long as it concerned his children, he would change into his present self – irritable and impatient.

Jin Ci shook her head in denial, stuttering out with difficulty, “This maid…this maid, is wrongly accused…”

The facts at present were like this. Jin Lu was loyal and devoted to Wei Luo, it was absolutely impossible for her to harm Wei Luo. Jin Ci was the only one who was suspicious. Who else could it be besides her? Wei Kun didn’t ask further. He threw Jin Ci to the ground in rage. “Since you won’t speak the truth, what’s the use in keeping your tongue? Might as well cut it off!”