25

Li Song: Prince Ruyang’s son, bullied Changhong (Wei Luo’s brother)
Zhao Liuli / Princess Tianji: Zhao Jie’s younger sister, around Wei Luo’s age
Yang Hao: Zhao Jie’s bodyguard
Zhu Geng: Zhao Jie’s bodyguard
Princess Gaoyang: Li Song’s mother; Li Xiang is Li Song’s younger sister
Gao Danyang: Zhao Jie’s maternal cousin
Gao Qingyang: Danyang’s younger sister, around Wei Luo’s age
Nurse Qiu: serves Empress Chen

*

Li Song came to stand a few steps away, looking provocatively at her.

Since he was three, he’d been practicing martial arts with Prince Ruyang. Five years had passed. His archery and fighting techniques were naturally quite good. Now he used that to both retaliate against Wei Luo, and to show off. Seeing that the arrow had nearly scratched her cheek, he lowered the bow and slightly raised his chin, asking in a domineering manner, “How was it, is my archery good?”

Wei Luo’s face was expressionless, but her eyes were cold and seemed to contain rage within.

When she didn’t speak, Li Song felt even more pleased with himself. He’d finally vented his anger. “Are you scared?” He smirked and boasted shamelessly, “You can rest assured that my archery is excellent. It’s absolutely impossible that I’ll injure you.”

He only wanted to frighten her and nothing else.

Wei Luo looked at him wordlessly for a moment, then turned around to hop onto the parapet in order to pull out the arrow from the red pillar. It wasn’t embedded too deeply. She held her breath in and vigorously pulled twice before the arrow came out. No one knew what she wanted to do. Even Zhao Liuli was a little uneasy. “Ah Luo, what are you doing?”

Not saying anything, she jumped down and headed in Li Song’s direction. As she stood in front of him, she extended her hand and raised her small face that was suddenly carrying a beautiful smile. “Big brother Li Song, your arrow.”

Li Song was puzzled by her smile. What was with her reaction? Shouldn’t she be angry?

Judging by the temper she had shown yesterday, she should have retaliated maliciously, wasn’t that right? Yet now she was smiling so adorably, it really surprised him. However, Li Song was well aware of a few things. Her father wasn’t there to back her up, and the whole place was full of princes and princesses. Even if she was angry, she couldn’t do anything about it. Moreover, he was still holding a bow.

Li Song considered his revenge complete. She wouldn’t be violent against him anymore. Wasn’t she currently admitting defeat to him?

He snorted and bent down to take the arrow from her hand. “Who’s your big brother…”

He wasn’t done speaking, when that small girl not only didn’t give him the arrow, but leaped up and grabbed his shoulders, suddenly pushing him to the ground.

It was so abrupt that Li Song wasn’t able to defend himself and fell straight to the ground. His eyes widened in astonishment, looking at the little girl sitting on his body. “You…”

Wei Luo raised the arrow and pointed it right at his eye. Her expression darkened as she swung her hand downwards…

Li Song was so shocked, he broke out in cold sweat and shut his eyes involuntarily. He even forgot to resist.

The young girl watched him with a face full of disgust. It wasn’t just slight annoyance, but true hatred. At that moment, Li Song really believed she would stab him. He waited for a long time, but the pain never came. Finally getting the courage to slowly open his eyes, he looked up.

He only saw the golden arrowhead pointing at his eye, a mere inch away. Wei Luo raised her delicate pink lips in a smile, her sweet and soft milky voice repeating his earlier words, “Are you scared?”