30

Wei Kun: Wei Luo’s father
Wei Chang: Wei Kun’s brother, Wei Luo’s third uncle
Madam Liu: Wei Chang’s wife, had rivalry with Wei Luo’s mother
Jin Lu: Wei Luo’s trusted maid
Jin Ci: Wei Luo’s maid, previously bought over by Madam Du (stepmom)
Nurse Ye: Serves Wei Luo

**

Wei Luo herself didn’t know what was wrong with her. She had obviously already recovered, but she had unexpectedly relapsed. And it seemed to be a lot more severe compared to before.

After eating the congee, she had lied down to sleep. Halfway into resting, she got a splitting headache. Moreover, her stomach felt extremely uncomfortable, making her want to throw up. After vomitting, she not only hadn’t felt any better, her body had started to slightly twitch. She had lost control over her own body and even her mind was somewhat fuzzy.

It looked like symptoms of poisoning.

However, she had only eaten a bowl of yam congee, as well as the candy from Changhong. She hadn’t eaten anything else, so how could she get poisoned?

Wei Luo wasn’t able to finish her thoughts as her breath gradually weakened and her long eyelashes slowly drooped down, covering her pair of glittery black eyes. She lost consciousness in the end.

Wei Kun’s complexion was unsightly as he made Jin Lu and Nurse Ye bring all the servants who had worked in this room, additionally ordering someone to invite a physician without delay. He really wanted to find out, just who was so bold as to dare harm his daughter so openly!

The doctor soon rushed over. After checking Wei Luo’s pulse and examining her eyes and tongue, he heavily determined. “It’s poisoning.”

Wei Kun clenched his fist and asked in a hoarse voice, “What poison? Can it be treated?”

The doctor shook his head as he said, “At present, it’s still unclear.” He let go of Wei Luo’s wrist and called two maids over. The top priority right now was to take care of Wei Luo’s toxicity first. They had luckily found her in time, so the toxicity hadn’t turned too grave. If they had been just a little late, it wouldn’t have been solved so easily. Even if they had managed to rescue her, there would have been some aftereffects left. He told the two maids, “Think of a method to make the fourth Miss throw up, so she’ll throw up everything she had previously eaten. I’ll be waiting outside. Call me when you’re done.”

As the matter was urgent, the two maids didn’t dare waste time. Following the physician’s words, they promptly assisted Wei Luo into vomiting. She hadn’t eaten a lot, so it didn’t take long before her belly was completely empty. She looked a bit better than she did just a moment ago.

After the doctor inspected the stuff that had come out of Wei Luo, his face stiffened up and he asked the maid by the bedside, “What has the fourth Miss eaten today?”

Jin Lu wiped the corner of Wei Luo’s mouth with a thin handkerchief, while blaming herself for not taking good care of her. Though she was feeling depressed, she still carefully replied to the doctor, “Miss didn’t have much appetite today. She only ate a bowl of yam congee and nothing else.”

The doctor asked whether there were any leftovers from that bowl of congee, and Jin Lu gave an affirmative. She made someone quickly fetch the congee from inside the kitchen. Worried that Wei Luo would be hungry after waking up, so she had kept the food warm. As soon as Wei Luo woke up, it would be ready to eat. She never expected that such a thing could occur. She had personally carried out the congee from the kitchen, and no one had touched it on the way. Was there really a problem with it?

The doctor used a spoon to stir around the congee, then raised a ginkgo nut from inside. His expression sank as he asked heavily, “Who added this thing in? When was it added?”