This person was Song Hui.

Song Hui was truly good-looking. Among all the men Ah Luo had seen, only he appeared without the slightest defect, like a fine piece of carved jade, one couldn’t pick out a single flaw. In addition to that, his demeanor was remarkable as well. Such as right now, he was just casually standing over there, yet easily attracted both of Wei Ya and Wei Zheng’s attention.

Her past self had liked that face of his right away. Though she had been too young to understand the sentiments between men and women, she could already distinguish between beautiful and ugly.

She had to say, Jiang Miaolan had arranged for a very good marriage for her. Still, thinking of Song Hui’s engagement to Wei Zheng in the past life, Ah Luo’s heart was simply unable to agree to the marriage. Even the slightest interest in Song Hui was entirely gone.

*

Apart from Song Hui, there was his younger sister Song Ruwei, as well as Liang Yu and Liang Yurong inside the eight-sided gazebo.

Song Ruwei was eight this year. Her appearance couldn’t measure up to her older brother’s good looks, but she was nevertheless a little young lady with delicate features. She was Wei Zheng’s older maternal cousin, she was naturally more intimate with Wei Zheng. Seeing Wei Zheng approaching, she called out from afar: “Little sister Ah Zheng!”

Due to her exclamation, the people in the gazebo all turned their attention to them. Wei Zheng called out ‘cousin’, then cheerfully ran over.

Returning to Count Zhongyi’s residence made Wei Zheng feel more at ease, since the people here would treat her nicely. She was actually happier being here than at home.

Wei Luo didn’t mind Song Ruwei’s disregard. Lowering her head to brush away a few crabapple petals from her sleeves, she leisurely stepped inside the eight-sided gazebo.

Song Hui was standing on the gazebo’s stone steps. Once he greeted Wei Zheng, his gaze fell on Wei Luo. After waiting for Wei Luo to get closer, he reached out a hand to take a blossom from the top of her head, saying with a smile: “There isn’t a single petal on other people’s bodies, they only fell on little sister Ah Luo. It seems my family’s crabapples have some fate with you?”

He’d known of their arranged betrothal since he was six. At the time he hadn’t been very clear about the meaning of taking a wife, only that people would have babies afterward. When Ah Luo was still an infant, he had carried her in his arms a few times. She had been so tiny, her face round and tender, had liked nibbling on her own finger, and cooing incoherently to call him ‘big brother’. After growing up, he had gradually started to understand what marriage was, that this small young girl belonged to him, and that later, they would spend their lifetime together. So his treatment of Ah Luo had also become special, and he had placed her above all the other little girls.

Wei Luo turned to look at him with her pitch black eyes, received the blossom from him, then solemnly placed it in his hand, and said in a sweet voice: “I’m giving it to big brother Song Hui.”

Song Hui’s face held a smile. He earnestly played along and wrapped the blossom in a cloth, then put it in his sleeve.

Over at the rock table behind them, Liang Yu exclaimed ‘Ah’, and stood up to ask: “Stop with the nonsense already, are we having this contest or not? Today I especially requested for a day off from my tutor to come here, how long are you planning to dilly-dally? Song Hui, your dog? Quickly take it out and let us have a look.”

Liang Yu was eleven this year. He was wearing a sapphire blue robe. With sharp eyes and strong brows, his appearance was handsome, and he resembled Marquis Pingyuan 70 to 80 percent. Since he practiced martial arts since childhood, although he was younger than Song Hui by a year, he was as tall as him, and even appeared a little sturdier. On his left side was Liang Yurong, who was wearing a dress with a hundred pink and indigo butterflies stitched across it. Liang Yurong beckoned for Wei Luo to come and take a seat.