They had gradually forgotten about her, forgotten that the Duke’s house had once had a fourth miss.

Only remembered Madam Du’s children, Wei Zheng and Wei Changmi.

Changhong and her were the two obstacles of Madam Du’s life. Once she kicked them out of the way, the road ahead was clear.

If she couldn’t kick them out of the way, she would stumble terribly.

She recalled Madam Du had given birth to a son. Calculating the day of conception, it appeared to be the right time. Madam Du had wanted to grasp Wei Kun’s heart using this son, but what a pity, her son had failed to live up to her expectations. Without learning or skills, with no ambitions, spending his days indulging in a life of debauchery*, he had been the typical hedonistic young master. Previously, Wei Luo had witnessed him beat a person to death on the street. The other person had turned out to be the close servant of Prince Rui’s successor. After the incident had been reported to the authorities, he had later been put in prison, where he hadn’t fared well.

Madam Du had worried greatly for this son. She had spoiled him rotten since childhood. Even if she wanted to bring him back onto the correct path, she wouldn’t know where to start.

Wei Luo considered spitefully, if she had a younger brother like that, dying a hundred times over would be better.

The third master Wei Chang looked at her for a long time without speaking.

Ah Luo called out again: “Third uncle?”

Wei Chang snapped out of his daze suddenly, and stretched out a palm to rub her head. The hostile expression fromwhen he’d faced Wei Kun earlier, was completely replaced by a very kind one, “Little Ah Luo, how do you know it’ll be a younger brother?”

Ah Luo resembled her mother more and more, especially those bright eyes. He couldn’t help remembering Jiang Miaolan as he looked at her.

Wei Luo’s tone was soft and immature: “I don’t want a younger sister, Wei Zheng is not cute at all.”

Wei Chang smiled, his face somewhat bitter and harsh, “Is that so?” He had nothing else to say and walked away from the pavilion. As he went, he whispered almost inaudibly: “If she was here, there would be no Wei Zheng…”

Though it was really soft, Wei Luo still heard that sentence.

She was very curious about her birth mother. What kind of woman was she, that she abandoned her children right after they were born? Did she love her and Changhong? Was it equal to the love Madam Du had for Wei Zheng?

Wei Luo didn’t know.

The reception pavilion gradually emptied out, she was still standing at the entrance motionless. The longer she thought about it, the angrier she got.

Other mothers knew to protect their children, but where was her and Changhong’s mother? Did she really die? Or did she just leave like fourth aunt said?

Rather than Jiang Miaolan having left, Ah Luo was hoping she had died instead.

Because that way, she could deceive herself that their mother loved them, leaving them alone against her will. If she hadn’t died, but had actually abandoned them, then this whole life Wei Luo was never going to forgive her. Ah Luo was staring straight at a big vase with winding lotus pattern in front of her. As if she was looking at Jiang Miaolan, she suddenly reached out and shoved it ruthlessly.

When she came back to her senses, the sound of the breaking vase echoed in her ears, crashing loudly, pieces of broken porcelain everywhere.

Ah Luo was standing next to the broken vase, her head hanging, no one could see through her thoughts.