Chapter 37: Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

"Bring me my cape and ready the horse." Jeongguk says and Yugyeom nods though he was confused.

Taehyung was in the room with Hansol when Jeongguk linked him.

Hoseok's not on the palace. He's out. I'm going to him. Jeongguk says and Taehyung freezes. He picks Hansol and runs out of the room. The little pup bouncing in his hold.

The moment Taehyung reached the end of the hallway, Jeongguk had already left.

Be safe. Taehyung now links back.

I will. Love you. Jeongguk says and Taehyung closes his eyes, little movements of Hansol could be felt.

"I love you." Taehyung mutters to himself and for Jeongguk. Clear and assured.

-----------------------------

"This one is pretty." Yujin says as she looks at the ring carefully. Hoseok smiles next to her. Chan and Daniel were roaming around the market, hidden under the capes.

"I'll try it." Yujin says and puts on the ring. She smiles widely and shows it to Hoseok.

"It looks beautiful on your hand." Hoseok softly says and the litte praise makes Yujin flustered.

Hoseok? Jeongguk's voice links.

Jeongguk? What is it? Hoseok replies.

Where are you? Jeongguk asks.

The rings shop. Hoseok says and Jeongguk knows the place.

Stay right there. Don't dare go anywhere. Jeongguk says and now Hoseok stands confused.

"Everything okay?" Yujin asks when she sees Hoseok's expression changing suddenly.

"Yeah, yeah. Everything is fine." Hoseok smiles a little. Yujin isn't convinced but she let's it go.

It's when Yujin is talking to Hoseok about the other rings and notices someone. Someone familiar. Hoseok is standing in front of her so she bends a little on side to confirm but finds no one suspicious. But she was sure she saw someone that looked familiar.

They are talking again but Yujin's attention is caught by someone. Those eyes, she can only see the eyes as the face is covered. She looks away as soon as the man looks at their direction. Hoseok is busy staring at the ring he just picked and waiting for Jeongguk.

When Yujin looks at that direction again, that's when her seems to stop beating. The arrow is pointed at them---at Hoseok exactly. In a rush of a moment, the arrow is fired and Yujin grabs Hoseok from his arms and spins him around, taking the arrow herself. The arrow penetrates in her back as she falls limp in Hoseok's arms.

"Yujin? Yujin!!" Hoseok panics when he sees the arrow in her back as she bends over. The crowd is now around them, paddings of horses heard.

Jeongguk panics when sees the crowd around the ring shop. He jumps off the horse and rushes towards the people gathered, yelling for Hoseok but he is met by something else.

Hoseok is struggling to pick Yujin up because of the arrow at her back which he can't just pull out. Jeongguk rushes towards him and help him pick her up and then Yugyeom takes Jeongguk's place.

Jeongguk stays rooted on the spot, his cape covering his face, heart beat fast. His mind is a mess.

"Jeongguk?" Daniel snaps him out of his thoughts.

"Find whoever did this." Jeongguk says and Daniel nods, already on it.

-------------------------------